Canon PowerShot A630 review
The A630 replaces my old PowerShot A75, which I liked very much.
All the good things I have read in the web about the A630 are true.
I just want to mention some points, I was astonished or disappointed:
- Remote capture: This is a software tool coming with Canon cameras, which allows you to take pictures direct by the pc, inlcuding the possibility to have some automatic time intervall (for example: 400 photos every 20 seconds)
I liked this feature very much on my A75. Now I found out, that the A610 is ready for this feature, the A620 is ready for this feature and the A640 is ready. But the A630 doesn't support the remote capture SW. (If anybody has a hint to activate it, please let me know!)
I can't understand, why Canon did this!
- Compared to my A75 the noise when moving the objective is much higher. So it's no more possible to switch on the camera in a room with two or three people, without they notice.
- Let's have following condition: A630 in mode "Auto", flash automatic, a little zoom, rather dark environment (in my opinion, this situation is quiet often).
It's clear the A630 activates the flash and sets to a time of exposure of 1/60sec.
What I don't undstand is, that the Camera switches on the sign for "danger of shake". I think in automatic mode, the camera should choose a shorter time of exposure or shout not activate the sign "danger of shake"
But again: All ohter points, which I didn't mention (there are a lot!) are excellent in the A630!
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%