Pentax Optio W20 review
Bought the W20 to complement by Canon 20D. It's a lot of FUN, in and out of the water, and the camera is always there (remember Photo Rule #1) because it fits in your pocket! I took it on vacation in Mexico, including snorkeling. We took everything from "self portraits" to underwater movies. Yesterday it came skiing with us. Ever lugged an SLR while skiing? It has lots of "modes" that remind me of how the SLR should be set for certain shots. 4x6 pictures are fine, even those extracted from videos. Monitor reviews indicate regular sholts have lots of room to enlarge. I took so many pictures I felt like a paparazzi!
It is slow to power-up, but I suspect can be left on like the 20D, as long as the viewer is powered off.
The ON/OFF button can be missed.
Clicking in video finally solved, put focus in PAN FOCUS mode (thanks to DPReview forum).
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%