Canon PowerShot A520 review

Started Dec 20, 2007 | User reviews
asaluste New Member • Posts: 2
Canon PowerShot A520 review

Fantastic camera. I have been using it dayly for about 2 years and taken over 10000 photos with it. It is still working fine and I can't say anything bad about it. Doesn't look that good as it used to though. It is small, fits in hand and also in pocket. All the buttons are in comfortable places and menus are very easy and understandable. Takes very good photos even in Auto settings. Batteries last quite long but low battery warning is given about 10 seckonds before batteries die. I have used it in all kinds of light conditions I can imagine and I have made made always usable pic-s. It's still weak in low light conditions, but what can you expect from small compact. Using tripod I have made quite good nightshots too.

Problems:

It is afraid of cold. In winter display sometimes falls a sleep. It means that image freezes on the display but I could still use the camera by using optical viewfinder, which isn't very good though.
Low battery warning schould be shown earlier. Much earlier.
Sometimes the lenze cap refuses to open. But I think I am the one to blame myself because I have been carrying it around in my pocket and it might have suffered some damage.
ISO400 is very noisy.
Video feature is quite dissapointing. Using resolutions 320x240 and 160x120 (which I don't know where to use) maximum lenght of the clip is 3 minutes. But in 640x480 max length is only 30 seckonds. And sound is bad in all settings.

But it is still good camera

Canon PowerShot A520
4 megapixels • 1.8 screen • 35 – 140 mm (4×)
Announced: Feb 1, 2005
asaluste's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads