Nikon Coolpix P80 review

Started Jun 3, 2008 | User reviews
hyperford New Member • Posts: 4
Nikon Coolpix P80 review

This camera is advertised as a top fuel dragster on nitro but you get a Datsun 510 on diesel fuel! Those who posted positive reviews of this camera must be beginners in the early stages of learning. I purchased this camera mainly for the advertised (FAST) burst most of 13 plus images per sec. It does do that however the image quality is that of a camera out of a Cracker Jack Box! Major problems w/ the images awere multiple verticle lines going thru the images. Dark images due to camera controling all setting when in burst mode. If I chose 2048 X 1536 resolution & Fine you would expect the file size to be about 1.6 to 1.8 Mbytes. Nope not w/ this camera, you get a file size about 550 Kbytes !?!?!? and looking worthless!
Other problems are getting the pictures off the card. I tried numerous programs and none would reconize the card in the card reader. You can only get the pictures off the camera via the USB cable plugged into the camera using Nikon software.

Problems:

I E-mailed Nikon support 3 times over a week asking questions about these problems and they never responded! I've owned about 7-8 digital cameras over the past 10 years and this thing is by far the worst I've ever owned. I went to the N.Y. air show last week at Jones beach and thank God I brought along my Canon S2 IS as a backup. I took a few hundred pics w/ the Nikon & a few hundred w/ the Canon. I eventually deleted all the Nikon pics and printed most of the Canon Pictures.
Then I brought this piece of Junk back to the store for a refund. If you want a Quality 18X camera DON'T buy this Nikon P-80!

Nikon Coolpix P80
10 megapixels • 2.7 screen • 27 – 486 mm (18×)
Announced: Apr 10, 2008
hyperford's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads