Canon PowerShot SD790 IS (Digital IXUS 90 IS) review
Just got new SD 790IS. I've owned SD700, 800, 850(still have).
Two main reason to get 790 are: (1) larger LCD. All three other P'n S have viewfinders but I seldom use it at all. (2) better focusing capability. SD 850 has problem focusing at very low light with close objects with little contrast. Even it can focus, it takes a long time.
SD 790 excel in these two areas. I am very happy with the initial testing results! The chiseled metallic shape really cool, better than the curved 850 et al.
Some minor concerns with SD700 such as the USB door seems a little flimsy with two tiny piece of plastic hinges. But for the price and design intention (very casual photographer), all are understandable and not show stoppers.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%