Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4 review
I bought a black tz4, to accompany my fujifilm f31fd, because of its 28mm wide angle and 10x zoom.
Compared to the f31fd image quality is average to poor.
- Ugly combination of noise and noise reduction at 100 iso. Worse at higher iso. Loss of detail as a result.
- Poor dynamic range. Images do not have the contrast of the f31fd and highlights are often totally burnt out.
- Seems to overexpose sometimes. Probably need more practice fiddling with the settings.
- White balance indoors under fluro or incandecent is poor. Yellow cast. However, the manual white balance fixed this.
+ If the you don't pixel peep the images are sharp across the whole zoom range.
+ In blazing bright Australian sunshine, noise almost goes away.
+ Accurate colours.
+ Everything looks nice as long as you don't look too closely.
CAMERA IN GENERAL
+ Intelligent Auto often picks the right scene mode.
+ Optical image stabalisation works really well.
+ Easy to navigate menu's.
+ Excellent quiet zoom.
+ Good batterly life.
+ Nice wide angle.
+ Excellent made in Japan construction.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4