Pentax K10D review
I just got a used K10D (excellent+ condition from KEH) with the kit 18-35mm F/3.5 lens for $400!! Yipee! I also got the dpreviewed 55mm f/1.4 lens. This is all a replacement for an Olympus C-8080.
I am very pleased and my "problems encountered" are are mostly superficial (but resulted in a 4.5 for ease of use). Although my camera was a C-8080 before, I have used a number of DSLR's and am generally very picky with quality and design. Given the price (especially used of course), build quality, and image quality (normal mode, reduced saturation, increased sharpness ), I think this is a real gem and I recommend it.
There are a few annoyances I have found, mostly in the firmware.
1. In Aperture Priority mode I would like to see the green button have a function, such as resetting the aperture as specified in Program mode.
2. When selecting white balance it would be nice to use the control wheels to make selections instead of the up-down/left-right arrows.
3. When using automatic preview I would like to see a better hardware interrupt from the shutter release button to cancel the preview. I leave it off anyway.
In terms of hardware:
1. Could use slightly wider camera strap holes to accommodate thicker straps.
2. Could use a wider color temperature sensing range for white balance. I simply use it in manual mode, which is good practice anyway.
3. I would like more warning when a battery is about to die.
The Kit lens (does not impact my rating):
1. Vignetting when wide open.
2. Slower than I was used to with the C-8080...but that is price related.
The 50mm lens:
1. Love it!
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|INFERNO by Milmor Fotografias|
from Get to Work (Power Tools)
|Love my present! by eyahaled|
from Holiday reactions