Fujifilm FinePix S1500 review
I bought this camera as an upgrade of my very old 2 mpx compact camera. Despite of not very positive reviews it provides perfect value for the money. The pixel level quality is not in par with top UZ models like Canon SX10 or FinePix S100FS but consinder it is smaller, lighter and cheaper. Images resized to 1024x768 looks very good. I always use SHARPNESS option set to STD or rather SOFT with image sharpening in PC and ISO up to 400.
The construction is nice, full black with conservative design and feel studry with only one exception - the rubber USB connector cover which does not seem to last very long. Included USB cable could be a bit longer.
I can recommend this camera for beginners who want to play with manual exposition controls and advanced options like live histogram but don't want to spend much money on their first camera.
There is a lot of pictures from this camera on flickr.com, search "S1500" tag.
- automatic mode tends to over-exposure in high light conditions. Setting EV to -1/3 or -2/3 in P mode solves it.
- unnecessary high ISO is selected in flash mode. Use fixed ISO when using the flash.
- automatic WB is not always reliable. Again, manual setting delivers much better results in some light conditions.
|Average community score||
|See all 7 reviews »|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)