Olympus E-520 review
I've had the e520 for a couple weeks now. I have had some Canon and Nikon DSLRs and decided to try Olympus because of what you get for your money. I would definitely recommend Olympus to anyone looking for an entry or mid-level DSLR.
Here are the things I really like about the camera:
+ The depth and size of the grip. Fits my hand perfectly.
+ Size of the camera (not overly big but not tiny).
+ Build quality seems pretty solid but I wouldn't take it out in the rain
+ Settings for just about everything (e.g. the size of Medium and Small sized JPGs can be customized!)
+ wireless flash communication
+ Battery life
Things that are so-so:
* Focus speed seems average
* There are alot of settings to know about. Luckily the dpreview review does a good job going through them.
* IQ seems about average (images need sharpening)
Here are some things I don't like so far:
- Viewfinder information on the right side of the view finder is sometimes hard to see.
- Can't turn off SSWF
- No incremental ISO & only goes up to 1600
- I personally dislike using CF cards because of the fact camera pins can break.
- Viewfinder is not the brightest
- Only 3 focus points in non-liveview mode
|Average community score||
|See all 38 reviews »|
|Street Food 2017 by ziggyzag|
from Your City - Fast Food
|Running free by LassiM|
|Treacherous Land- "Dune " by Frank Herbert by Domenick Creaco|
from Sci-Fi or Fantasy Film Titles
|1969 Oldsmobile 442 Resto-Mod by J Warren|
from O is for...