Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 review
Uber flexible, high quality, fun and easy to use. I have moved to the GH-1 as my main higher-end camera from my Nikon D80. The GH-1 pixel density results in a bit less low light capability vs. the D80, and the GH-1, while fast, is not quite as fast as the Nikon, but the trade-off in size, weight, and versatility is well worth it to me.
1) Image quality is very good across a broad range of shooting conditions and subject matter (I have both of the panasonic G wide zooms and the 20mm primary micro4/3 lenses).
2) Ergonomics and the mix of physical controls, program modes, and menus is outstanding, best, quickest and most intuitive I've experienced in a digital/interchangable lens camera. I always seem to be able to get to the settings I want quickly, a critical capability in any camera, but something I demand of a higher-end unit. I especially like the sliders for on-off and Single/Multi/Timer, very quick to use and you can see just what mode you're in for these basic features. IA mode (Intelligent Auto) is highly usable when time is of the essence. Quick Menu button combined with D-Pad takes care of most of the rest.
3) Video is very good quality and easy to shoot once you get the hange of shooting video with an SLR form factor camera. A bit of a pain to transfer to PC, but nothing too serious. Required dedicated video record button is present and well located.
4) External Mic capability is a HUGE plus for anyone who takes the audio portion of their digital video even the slightest bit seriously.
Overall, a great camera that covers more of my still and video needs than any other I've used. Well done!
AVCHD should be easier to pull off the memory card without resorting to Panasonic's software.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Race by mdbinasif|
from Your City - Kids Play
|Altaussee Austria by IFRPilot|
|Sunrise at Mono Lake by ed rader|
from My Best Photo of the Week