My precious.

Started Nov 6, 2011 | User reviews
beelzebot23 Junior Member • Posts: 44
My precious.

I have bought the Sigma 30mm F1.4 together with my Pentax K10D more than four years ago. It became my favorite little lens, at least for portraits e.g. of children. Its field of view combined with the large aperture provide a very intimate feeling in the pictures made with the lens. I love the color rendition it gives, as well as the bokeh. Sharpness is excellent in the image center, and just as many other reviewers noted, rather mediocre in the image corners. However, when you use the lens for a central subject such as in a portrait, this weakness doesn't really matter.

Problems:

On the K10D, this lens was kind of a difficult beast to focus. It had strong front focus.

beelzebot23's gear list:beelzebot23's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM
Prime lens • Canon EF-S, Four Thirds, Nikon F (DX), Pentax KAF, Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha
Announced: Feb 14, 2005
beelzebot23's score
Average community score
Pentax K10D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads