Best cheap mirrorless camera, hands-down.
The NX100 can be had for a song, and the tune it sings is all about exceptional IQ at a bargain price. Contrasty, popping colors in low ISO JPEG, a little sluggish processing RAW but not too bad with 14MP files. A grossly underrated and seriously overlooked camera with capabilities far beyond lackluster reviews and poor marketing efforts by Samsung would have you believe.
- Above par image quality, solid DR range with flexible Smart settings, great RAW quality.
- NX glass is above average for mirrorless cams, and Samsung is doing pretty well issuing new stuff.
- Unbelievable cheap price for what you get.
- AMOLED screen allows manual focusing by checking the 'shimmer' area in some scenes, very clear and bright.
- The stock 20-50mm kit lens is a tad flimsy feeling but has killer sharpness for a kit.
- RAW processing a bit slow with menu lockup.
- JPEG noise quality is poor at higher ISO.
- Available EVF is so-so.
- No popup flash, requires optional mini flash.
- Rather cheap feeling plastic and no grip means you need to get a Horusbennu leather half-case (a must have).
|Average community score||
|See all 8 reviews »|
|From Maroon to Yellow by Azrocin|
from Fall colour
|Mandarin Duck by gordzam|
|Porsche 918 Spyder by rmw18k|
from Sports car