For the female shooters out there: Mascara?

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions
Dunazee
Dunazee New Member • Posts: 7
For the female shooters out there: Mascara?

Hey Ladies:

Funny question I know, for a photography site, but I'm looking for mascara recommendations. When shooting, I seem to end up with mascara everywhere, I guess from all the squinting into the viewfinder, regardless of whether it's waterproof or not. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but mascara is an essential. Just wondering if anyone else has that problem, and if anyone has found success with any particular brands.

Guys, feel free to chime in if you have any suggestions! I'm open, LOL!

Thanks!

frank-in-toronto Senior Member • Posts: 1,034
Re: For the female shooters out there: Mascara?

i'm a guy but i hope u shoot right-eyed.  i don't and my lcd gets fogged up and nose-greasy too often.

ryansholl Contributing Member • Posts: 623

I am also a guy.  
Tried a sharpie?

edispics
edispics Veteran Member • Posts: 3,433

And you have to wear mascara while squinting into a viewfinder, because .............. ???

JoannaR
JoannaR Regular Member • Posts: 217

Female here!

I'm currently using CoverGirl Lash Blast Deluxe. I work in a veterinary clinic and as you can imagine the environment shifts quite a bit there - humid baths, dry surgery room, etc. I'm forever getting dog hair all over my face. This formula seems to hold up well and I've never had an issue with it running or crumbling.

My suggestion would be to powder your lashes a bit - just a quick whisk or wipe - before applying mascara. If your skin is properly moisturized you won't retain any mascara flakes if flakes do occur.

I shoot right-eyed (as I suspect most people do) and I've never had a major issue with makeup interfering with the process.

JoannaR's gear list:JoannaR's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
JoannaR
JoannaR Regular Member • Posts: 217

Sorry, LashBlast Luxe; I couldn't edit my post again to correct it.

JoannaR's gear list:JoannaR's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
tazmac
tazmac Regular Member • Posts: 360

ryansholl wrote:

I am also a guy.
Tried a sharpie?

LOL! 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads