The S3IS was really a great camera....

Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
dzyg Forum Member • Posts: 50
The S3IS was really a great camera....

Just hope my SX50 can live up to it.....I had the S2IS first (2006) and shutter button died in 2011 so I bought a used S3IS and while it is still working fine I wanted something better.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
dzyg OP Forum Member • Posts: 50
Re: The S3IS was really a great camera....

Oops, guess it was in 2010 that my S2 died....lasted a little over 5 years and several drops on the floor.....

GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 7,169

My son and one of my daughters are still using and loving their S3IS.  The strong point of the S3IS is the fast lens (f/2.7-3.5) so that high ISO is seldom needed.  I think you'll find that the slow lens of the SX50HS will often force you into using higher ISO to maintain shutter speed.  You may find the Panasonic FZ200 with a constant f/2.8 lens and a very high resolution electronic viewfinder more to your liking.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80
Monicakm
Monicakm Senior Member • Posts: 2,352

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my SX50 is built as tough as my S3 was/is.  Countless bounces off hard surface floors and it's still going strong.  Some minor flesh wounds but still takes excellent pictures!

raywes Contributing Member • Posts: 628

I loved my SX3 and also my SX10. 2 of my favorite cams ever. I moved to the SX40 and it never failed me after a year of heavy use and wear and tear. I am sure the SX50 is just as tough, so far so good!

OpticsEngineer Senior Member • Posts: 5,043

The first picture is awesome.  It reminds me of the dragon in the movie The Neverending Story.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Pentax *ist D +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads