Pls colour-correct this
Color by Corel. Color is very subjective to an individual BTW. What is right on one screen may be wrong on another. Is your equipment calibrated? I adjusted this with Corel to warm it up a bit and enhance the yellow/green detail in the mountains. A bit o' sharpening and contrast, that's it.
Can anyone colour-correct this image to bring out natural colours, please. Instructions/settings will be appreciated.
Only when you can criticize yourself, should you criticize others. Mikes.
What software program are you using? If it's Photoshop, try this.
Photoshop Work Flow With Lab Color
- Bring up picture in Photoshop
- Go to Image _Duplicate
- Go to Image _ Mode _ Lab Color
- Create a new adjustment layer and click on Curves
- To create a 100 square dialog box, Alt-Click in the dialog box
- Click on the “a” channel
- Move the bottom point 1 to2 squares right and the top point 1 to 2 squares left
- Click on the “b” channel and do the same as you did for “a” and click OK
- Go to Image _ Mode _RGB
- Go to Image _ Adjustments _ Levels
- Going through the Channels, “R”, “G”, “B”, move the End Sliders to the Mountains if necessary and adjust the Middle Slider until you get the color and lightness that suits you and click OK.
If you’re used to duplicating your background layer after coming out of #1 and not using #2 click “Don’t Merge” after coming out of #3 and click “Merge” after coming out of #9.
Personally, I like to use #2 so I have a copy on my window to compare my work to as I go along.
This is experimentation for you or anyone else. Just remember, "You have to make yourself happy".
Just because a famous photographer "Just Loves" the color in picture XXX, doesn't mean "YOU" have to like it.
I hope this helps.
Many thanks to all who took time to help me out.
Actually I took this photo (and many others) in Neelum Valley of Kashmir in 2005 on an early Nikon DSLR which was not so good on white balance. Even though this day was very hazy with fairly bad weather, the other pics on different days had a warm tendency as well. I was not trying to get a particular look, its just that this photo and others do not reflect what I saw there with my own eyes.
The Nikon gave me no end of grief and eventually I got rid of it after paying £160+ for a mirror repair. That was my nightmare with a camera for which I paid £1500 at the time. Jumped ship to Cannon after that.
My monitor is calbirated with a Spyder.
Again. thanks to all.
|Short-eared Owl by bryand7k|
from Best photo of the week...
|Happy girl! by Dutch Newchurch|
from Wide angle