A bridge to somewhere!

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
l_objectif
l_objectif Forum Pro • Posts: 19,776
A bridge to somewhere!
1
 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +8 more
MilSooper Senior Member • Posts: 1,869
Re: A bridge to somewhere!

Good one Louis.

 MilSooper's gear list:MilSooper's gear list
Leica M8.2 Olympus E-5 Leica M9-P Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +7 more
Leo33 Senior Member • Posts: 2,858
Louis

Nice shot, Louis. I especially like the reflection of the tree on the surface of the water and the feeling that the bridge leads to nowhere.

My Best,

Emil

 Leo33's gear list:Leo33's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm XF1
fti Senior Member • Posts: 1,007
Re: A bridge to somewhere!

Nice one!

I too like the reflection. It's weird how the trees don't seem tall enough to cast the reflection; it's a nice perspective. Also I find it a nice touch how the reflected trees are exposed better than the actual trees. Nice contrast.

A Guy Platt Senior Member • Posts: 1,544
Re: A bridge to somewhere!

l_objectif wrote:

Louis, All I see is a bridge from somewhere.

Regards
  Guy

John Basso
John Basso Senior Member • Posts: 2,821
Re: A bridge to somewhere!

Hello Louis;

Interesting photo.To get to the bridge to no where,one needs to put on some waders ,before one find's  out where  it actually ends up ? Perhaps a shoe store to find these water boots you can rent or purchase to cross it in comfort.I like the reflection and the B/W PP. Greetings: John Basso.

 John Basso's gear list:John Basso's gear list
Leica D-Lux 6
Edward48
Edward48 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,010
Re: A bridge to somewhere!

Like the shot and the mystery. But it seems to me that the 'somewhere' would be a bit unpleasant. I don't think I'd risk it.

All the best
Mike

 Edward48's gear list:Edward48's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Leica Q Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
Daedalus2000
Daedalus2000 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,369
Re: A bridge to somewhere!

Louis

Your B/W conversion and composition is superb.

D

meagre offerings
meagre offerings Senior Member • Posts: 4,854
Re: A bridge to somewhere!

i hope im not cast asunder for this, but i feel that this is the poorest image i have seen from louis to date. the conversion looks good but the image doesnt do it for me.

sorry!!!!

 meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +7 more
l_objectif
l_objectif OP Forum Pro • Posts: 19,776
Mils

MilSooper wrote:

Good one Louis.

Thank you, my friend!

 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +8 more
l_objectif
l_objectif OP Forum Pro • Posts: 19,776
Emil

Leo33 wrote:

Nice shot, Louis. I especially like the reflection of the tree on the surface of the water and the feeling that the bridge leads to nowhere.

My Best,

Emil

Thanks, dear friend; I am glad my intention of making this shot is working for you!

Take good care of yourself, so you can permanently be back soon!

very best wishes,

 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +8 more
l_objectif
l_objectif OP Forum Pro • Posts: 19,776
fti

fti wrote:

Nice one!

I too like the reflection. It's weird how the trees don't seem tall enough to cast the reflection; it's a nice perspective. Also I find it a nice touch how the reflected trees are exposed better than the actual trees. Nice contrast.

Much appreciated; thanks for visiting and your time, my friend. Yes, indeed, the reflection of the trees look better exposed than the real trees, due, I believe, to the background. In the reflection, the sky is lighter, so the trees seemed better exposed!

All the best,

 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +8 more
l_objectif
l_objectif OP Forum Pro • Posts: 19,776
Guy

A Guy Platt wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

Louis, All I see is a bridge from somewhere.

Regards
Guy

From somewhere, yes; but where is it going?.... Ahhhh!....

Oh, BTW; today I met a gorgeous Swedish lady; but she is married to a Frenchman!... I can't do that to a countryman!....

Be well, my friend,

 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +8 more
l_objectif
l_objectif OP Forum Pro • Posts: 19,776
John

John Basso wrote:

Hello Louis;

Interesting photo.To get to the bridge to no where,one needs to put on some waders ,before one find's out where it actually ends up ? Perhaps a shoe store to find these water boots you can rent or purchase to cross it in comfort.I like the reflection and the B/W PP. Greetings: John Basso.

Thank you very much for visiting, dear John. .. Yes, I can't wait for the better season; winter is not my favorite one.... But I tried to create a mood by the composition and the conversion; and, I hope it did work a little!

Kind regrads,

 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +8 more
l_objectif
l_objectif OP Forum Pro • Posts: 19,776
Mike

Edward48 wrote:

Like the shot and the mystery. But it seems to me that the 'somewhere' would be a bit unpleasant. I don't think I'd risk it.

All the best
Mike

Thank you very much, Mike!.... You don't know where "somewhere" is, dear Mike.... Maybe a good surprise!

Maybe not!....

As Always,

 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +8 more
l_objectif
l_objectif OP Forum Pro • Posts: 19,776
D

Daedalus2000 wrote:

Louis

Your B/W conversion and composition is superb.

D

Much appreciated, dear Kostas. Thank you so much for your encouragement!

very best,

 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +8 more
l_objectif
l_objectif OP Forum Pro • Posts: 19,776
My Nikonian friend :-)

nikonFboy wrote:

i hope im not cast asunder for this, but i feel that this is the poorest image i have seen from louis to date. the conversion looks good but the image doesnt do it for me.

sorry!!!!

Dear, … (I still don’t know your name! )

I think you have been reading too many books lately; or, not enough!

But seriously, thanks for your honest comments. It is impossible to have shots that would please to everyone, each time! We all have different taste and sensibility! What interested me in making this shot was to create a mood with the composition, the perspective and the B/W. It may not work for everyone but I, personally, prefer this one to the ones I recently posted.  But again, everything is really subjective!

Oh, BTW, there are also some triangles that you may not have noticed!

Kind Regards, my friend,

 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +8 more
meagre offerings
meagre offerings Senior Member • Posts: 4,854
Re: My Nikonian friend :-)

l_objectif wrote:

nikonFboy wrote:

i hope im not cast asunder for this, but i feel that this is the poorest image i have seen from louis to date. the conversion looks good but the image doesnt do it for me.

sorry!!!!

Dear, … (I still don’t know your name! )

I think you have been reading too many books lately; or, not enough!

But seriously, thanks for your honest comments. It is impossible to have shots that would please to everyone, each time! We all have different taste and sensibility! What interested me in making this shot was to create a mood with the composition, the perspective and the B/W. It may not work for everyone but I, personally, prefer this one to the ones I recently posted. But again, everything is really subjective!

Oh, BTW, there are also some triangles that you may not have noticed!

Kind Regards, my friend,

hi louis

my name is paul.

i look forwards to your next images.

pc

 meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +7 more
l_objectif
l_objectif OP Forum Pro • Posts: 19,776
Re: My Nikonian friend :-)

nikonFboy wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

nikonFboy wrote:

i hope im not cast asunder for this, but i feel that this is the poorest image i have seen from louis to date. the conversion looks good but the image doesnt do it for me.

sorry!!!!

Dear, … (I still don’t know your name! )

I think you have been reading too many books lately; or, not enough!

But seriously, thanks for your honest comments. It is impossible to have shots that would please to everyone, each time! We all have different taste and sensibility! What interested me in making this shot was to create a mood with the composition, the perspective and the B/W. It may not work for everyone but I, personally, prefer this one to the ones I recently posted. But again, everything is really subjective!

Oh, BTW, there are also some triangles that you may not have noticed!

Kind Regards, my friend,

hi louis

my name is paul.

i look forwards to your next images.

pc

Nice meeting you, Paul!

 l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +8 more
meagre offerings
meagre offerings Senior Member • Posts: 4,854
Re: My Nikonian friend :-)

l_objectif wrote:

nikonFboy wrote:

l_objectif wrote:

nikonFboy wrote:

i hope im not cast asunder for this, but i feel that this is the poorest image i have seen from louis to date. the conversion looks good but the image doesnt do it for me.

sorry!!!!

Dear, … (I still don’t know your name! )

I think you have been reading too many books lately; or, not enough!

But seriously, thanks for your honest comments. It is impossible to have shots that would please to everyone, each time! We all have different taste and sensibility! What interested me in making this shot was to create a mood with the composition, the perspective and the B/W. It may not work for everyone but I, personally, prefer this one to the ones I recently posted. But again, everything is really subjective!

Oh, BTW, there are also some triangles that you may not have noticed!

Kind Regards, my friend,

hi louis

my name is paul.

i look forwards to your next images.

pc

Nice meeting you, Paul!

likewise louis.

 meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads