christening

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions
andybr New Member • Posts: 5
christening

been asked do a photos for christening this wkend and was wondering if any one know best settings for my camera "canon eos 1100d" has i want give themgood photos in church and out side also thanks

Canon EOS 1100D (EOS Rebel T3 / EOS Kiss X50)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Lemming51
Lemming51 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,588
Re: chritening

andybr wrote:

been asked do a photos for christening this wkend and was wondering if any one know best settings for my camera "canon eos 1100d" has i want give themgood photos in church and out side also thanks

Check with the church.  You may be able to use flash, or you may not.  If not, then you're going to have to make do by setting a high ISO (1600) to get shutter speeds fast enough to prevent blur from your movement and/or the subjects'.

-- hide signature --

Unapologetic Canon Apologist

Lemming51's gear list:Lemming51's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Philip Kendall
Philip Kendall Contributing Member • Posts: 789

Honestly, I suspect you don't have either the skills or the appropriate equipment to get the kind of photos that whoever's asked you to do this is expecting. Politely refuse and suggest they hire a professional - better for everyone in the long run.

Vague apologies if this seems overly harsh.

Philip Kendall's gear list:Philip Kendall's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
OP andybr New Member • Posts: 5

Philip Kendall wrote:

Honestly, I suspect you don't have either the skills or the appropriate equipment to get the kind of photos that whoever's asked you to do this is expecting. Politely refuse and suggest they hire a professional - better for everyone in the long run.

Vague apologies if this seems overly harsh.

they know its my first time and want to give a me go doing the photos for them why asking for help on here everyone has a first time doing things!.

any one elsa help!

Pitbullo Contributing Member • Posts: 525
Re: christening

If you are gonna do it anyway, I suggest the following:

Go to YouTube and look for tutorials/videos that can teach you the skills needed to operate the camera correctly, and understand exposure. Experiment with the camera at home, in a normal, dim lighted room to get to know your camera. Take pictures of moving subjects and stationary. Once you know the ISO settings/capabilities of your camera then you´ll have a good chance to take nice pictures. This is especially if you cant use a flash! If you can use a flash, and still are not sure about settings, use "green square" and flash.

I write this due to the nature of your question. Experiment with the camera on manual settings is probably the best way to learn how to solve your problem.

Philip Kendall
Philip Kendall Contributing Member • Posts: 789

andybr wrote:

they know its my first time and want to give a me go doing the photos for them why asking for help on here everyone has a first time doing things!.

We can probably help more if you tell us:

• The lenses you own
  • Whether you're allowed to use flash in the church or not, and if you are, which flashes you own
 Philip Kendall's gear list:Philip Kendall's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads