Ricoh GR Digital, Spare Parts, Screws For Chasis?

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions
imsilly Regular Member • Posts: 174
Ricoh GR Digital, Spare Parts, Screws For Chasis?

I've managed to dislodge and loose two of the tiny, black, philips head screws that hold my Ricoh GR Digital's chasis together on the side.

I was wondering if Ricoh sell spares, or if there are equivalent 3rd party spares available?

They look to me like M1.6 3mm pan-head philips screws, but I can't find anyone that sells anything similar.

schaki Senior Member • Posts: 2,375
Re: Ricoh GR Digital, Spare Parts, Screws For Chasis?

Not sure if Ricoh sell these screws. I doubt them do that.

Is it the first Ricoh GRDI ? should be same screws for at least the GRDII I think.

There is GRDI on ebay.de http://www.ebay.de/itm/Ricoh-GR-/170986711411?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Digitalkameras&hash=item27cf9a2973

Seems like the seller not mentioned in that mess of text what was wrong. Probably it has been dropped and the lens got stuck as a result. There is a visible bright spot on the corner of the popup flash.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital Kyocera Finecam S5 Kyocera Finecam SL400R Ricoh Caplio 500SE Ricoh Caplio R3 +1 more
BG_CX3_DPREVIEW Senior Member • Posts: 1,914

Oops that's one of those things you absolutely don't want to happen.

First i would contact your local service center, they must have the screws in stock.

Maybe check the e-catalog of Bossard.

BG_CX3_DPREVIEW's gear list:BG_CX3_DPREVIEW's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 Ricoh CX6
will foreman Contributing Member • Posts: 650

If it's a GRD1 I've got lots of spares, just let me know what you need!

will foreman's gear list:will foreman's gear list
Ricoh RDC-i700
OP imsilly Regular Member • Posts: 174

Will do, they are the two small, black philips head screws that join the front and the back of the body at the bottom corner of a Ricoh GR Digital version one.

Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 43,372

imsilly wrote:

Will do, they are the two small, black philips head screws that join the front and the back of the body at the bottom corner of a Ricoh GR Digital version one.

Will is your man (Hi Will)

I suppose that these screws are not stripped-mount?  They should not have fallen out in the normal course of use. If the mount threads are stripped then no amount of new screws are going to easily sort the problem I even wonder if thread locker is good enough.  Maybe same heads but slightly larger thread?

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

OP imsilly Regular Member • Posts: 174

I don't think anything was stripped. I just think that being in my pocket all day eventually rattled them out. One went first then the other a couple of days later.

I was kinda hoping I'd find on in a pocket, but I didn't.

will foreman Contributing Member • Posts: 650

Send me a message with an address and I'll post them to you, no problem! We have to keep the GRD1s going!

will foreman's gear list:will foreman's gear list
Ricoh RDC-i700
reeluff Forum Member • Posts: 60

Old thread sorry - does anyone have some of these spare chassis screws? Am missing one from the left side of the rear panel from a grdiii, though I would assume they probably use the same ones through the whole line.

If not anyone know what size they are for replacement?

Jere Keskiaho
Jere Keskiaho Contributing Member • Posts: 820

Just ordered 1.6mm x 3mm screws from aliexpress and they fit nicely. Maybe not 100% flush against the body and maybe excatly the same, but they do work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xv6atp08u8a88ao/20190429_200835.jpg?dl=0

-- hide signature --

Jere Keskiaho

Jere Keskiaho's gear list:Jere Keskiaho's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital II Ricoh GR Digital III Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS-1D Mark IV +7 more
FreshOuttaFocus
FreshOuttaFocus New Member • Posts: 10

I've order a few different screws... and I will provide the definitive size when they arrive. I think I have enough here to get both lengths of screws that I've encountered taking my GRII down to clean the sensor.

FreshOuttaFocus
FreshOuttaFocus New Member • Posts: 10

The small screw is 
--> M1.6 x 2 Flat Head

The longer screw is
--> M1.6 x 3.5  (M1.6 x 4 can work as well). This is the one that "most" cameras are missing next to the mode dial.
I found them from www.metricscrews.us.   I took the liberty of ordering them in black - as well as w/ NYLOK on the threads.
DISCLAIMER: I don't think the nylock will find a way into the camera. That's what I used for the longer screw on the outside. I've had my GRII down to the sensor 3 times and it's really simple and easy work. But if you're worried about the NYLOK, then just get the standard screw(s).

IG: freshouttafocus

phouphou Contributing Member • Posts: 648
Re: Screws For Chasis GRii - found german retailer

Thanks for the info, it helped me get my GR ii 'fixed'!

i found a set of 60 flat head (senkkopf) screws on the german site 'screwsandmore.de' ranging from M1,6X3 / M1,6X4 / M1,6X5 / M1,6X6 / M1,6X8 / M1,6X10, it is available for 7,70EUR which i find really ok considering m1,6 are quite hard to find, especially in small batches.

M1,6x4 is almost a 100% flush fit, so i can recommend it, a shorter screw would probably fall out sooner.

Also, if you need a good tool for the job, get a Wera PH000x40 screwdriver.

phouphou's gear list:phouphou's gear list
Ricoh GR II Sony a7 II Sony a7R II Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +12 more
Mishaman61 New Member • Posts: 1

This is very helpful info to me, since my GRii is also missing the same screw. I'm having trouble identifying the exact assortment you bought on screwsandmore.de.

Could you tell me the exact item name on the site? I would be very grateful.

thanks

phouphou Contributing Member • Posts: 648

in the shop the set is called "M1,6 Senkkopfschrauben Set 60 Teile DIN 965 Edelstahl A2". Not sure if i'm allowed to share direct links. Also not sure about international shipping.

Be aware that they are not 100% the same.

- They have a larger head.

- they are not black

- They start at 3mm length, in the GR also shorter screws are used (i think m1.6x2).

It worked for me and is the best i could find for <10EUR from a local source (ger).

on the left new m1.6x3 screws, on the right black screws that are original GR

phouphou's gear list:phouphou's gear list
Ricoh GR II Sony a7 II Sony a7R II Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +12 more
Don Sata
Don Sata New Member • Posts: 4

I just took a screw from a dead Canon S100, it fitted perfectly.
It seems these cameras are prone to losing the screw that sits below the mode dial on the side of the camera. This is near where the wrist trap would attach.

Don Sata's gear list:Don Sata's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
BG_CX3_DPREVIEW Senior Member • Posts: 1,914

UK based Microfastenings

BG_CX3_DPREVIEW's gear list:BG_CX3_DPREVIEW's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 Ricoh CX6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads