Better first shots with Nx1000 + 20 2.8 pancake

Started Feb 9, 2013 | Discussions
Luck5 Forum Member • Posts: 55
Better first shots with Nx1000 + 20 2.8 pancake

I just received the NX1000 and i have to say that it's impressive!

Image quality is almost better than my Pentax K5 dsrl with very good lens!!

And the 20mm pancake is incredible too!

Anyway, here some shots of my first day with it

Luck5's gear list:Luck5's gear list
Samsung NX1
Pentax K-5 Samsung NX1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Laurie899 Regular Member • Posts: 150
Re: Better first shots with Nx1000 + 20 2.8 pancake

Hi Luck

Thanks for the three images I am enjoying them very much, well seen and sensitive strong composition, qualities not provided by any technical solution and the hardest to aquire.

I was interested in your comparision to the K5 as I have just replaced my NX10 with the NX20 having spent a lot of time reviewing and trying the K30. The low noise (better than the NX20). and weather proofing on the pentax tempted me. I shoot a lot of street (RAW) and on balance prefered the the less obtrusive NX20 size, image quality (up to 1600 in RAW) and good value quality lens choices.

I would be very interested to know how you find the the NX as you do low light work ( I think you may use your K5).

Best regards

Laurie

Laurie899's gear list:Laurie899's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
OP Luck5 Forum Member • Posts: 55

Hi Laurie, many thanks!

Honestly i can't make a comparison right now because i just used the NX only once.

What i can say is that i find its image quality at the level of any aps-c dslrs. I will post some shots i took at 1600 ISO. I don't know how's the K5 at high iso cause i always shot at 100 ISO, even at night. Doing mainly landscape i always used tripod. Not really a comparison but i'll post also 2 night shots made with K5 at 100 iso.

But i think it won't be any better than the NX at high iso

I previously owned a Kx, which i guess was the basic version of the current k30, i can say that Samsung's IQ is way better than that. but i also think that k30 should be better than Kx.

Other things to consider are portability, and it's amazing how small is the Nx for giving you such stunning images, and the speed of use, where K5 wins hands down. Anyway the Nx is not bad at all!

I don't know the higher Samsung models. But i'm totally impressed if i think that Nx1000 is the basic mirrorless model of Samsung.

I think for street photography the Nx is better, i bought it for that reason, and also to have a small camera to carry always with me. What i really can't stand with it is the shutter noise, i thought that because of the lack of the mirror you could choose to shut down the "click" (or maybe it's possible and i can't figure out how to do it), and the fact that in autofocus it won't shoot if it can't focus. I hope they won't change this feature in future firmware updates. Being a huge fan of Moriyama i really don't care to have always everything perfect

Also, sorry for my english

So, here is Samsung NX1000 at 1600 ISO (hand-held)

And here the Pentax K5, ISO 100 on tripod

Samsung NX1

Ok i must reply to myself, cause i found that the shutter noise is not an electronic sound, but actually a mechanical noise.
And also i couldn't shoot if not in focus just because 'AF priority' was ON.
So the only thing i can complain now is that i can't turn off the display, i have to wait 30 seconds for it to sleep.

Samsung NX1

Some other shots, this little camera is a wonder!!

Who said the 20mm was a bad lens and not sharp???

Also, images are very clean! No noise at all, i added grain

This one is a little blurred due to slow shutter speed/bad handling skills

This is something like a 130% crop...! I added some grain

Samsung NX1
TJL LTFF
TJL LTFF Senior Member • Posts: 1,728

I enjoyed your shots; keep posting and having fun with your NX gear. Looks like it's a good combo for you.

TJL LTFF's gear list:TJL LTFF's gear list
Sony RX1R II Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +10 more
rmwpg Forum Member • Posts: 52

I REALLY like your photos. Great exposure and composition.

nx200USER1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,097

glad you are enjoying your nx1000. Thanks for sharing your photos. Please keep them coming. I enjoyed them very much.

ray xx New Member • Posts: 10

Thank you for sharing! Really great compositions.

Raimund

ray xx's gear list:ray xx's gear list
Nikon D5200
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads