Just acquired Nexus 7. Need guidance Pls

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Questions
James K Cheung Contributing Member • Posts: 656
Just acquired Nexus 7. Need guidance Pls

I am totally in the dark. Please take my hand and guide me. From virus protection to what apps to get to how to put photos in the tablet. Thanks for help.

I only got as far as connected to home wifi.

Jim

-- hide signature --

Photographers cherish the environment.

James K Cheung's gear list:James K Cheung's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
OP James K Cheung Contributing Member • Posts: 656
Re: Just acquired Nexus 7. Need guidance Pls

Found a place called AndroidCentral. Very friendly forum.

Jim

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +4 more
Ken Gosden Senior Member • Posts: 2,694

Jim,

There are a lot of threads on the Nexus here already.  To give application suggestions we really need to know what you want from your new tablet.  Recommending the top 10 games and msic players might be useless to you.  I will say that the number one app most photographers would need is 'Nexus Mieda Importer' and a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable.  Without these you cannot read memory cards directly into the tablet.

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +21 more

<would need is 'Nexus Mieda Importer' and a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable. Without these you cannot read memory cards directly into the tablet>

Thank you. I'll search for Nexus Media Importer. I placed an order thru Amazon for the OTG cable.

Thanks again.

Jim

-- hide signature --

Edit:

I also installed Nexus camera Starter. It provides convenient means to bring up the onboard camera.

Jim

-- hide signature --

yousaf Senior Member • Posts: 1,087

For apps try Snapspeed.

and also visit XDA Nexus 7 forums.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads