Levitation Photo [1 Img]

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions
proudfather Veteran Member • Posts: 4,717
Levitation Photo [1 Img]

I made this composite using PS6.  I altered the dress by using layers of sheets blowing from a fan.

-proudfather

Allen Gerdes Veteran Member • Posts: 5,638
Re: Levitation Photo [1 Img]

Very nice artistic effect.  I like it very much.

Regards....Allen

VicC Senior Member • Posts: 1,710
Spoilt

Nice picture, but spoilt by the writing scrall. Vic

VicC's gear list:VicC's gear list
Nikon Z7
OP proudfather Veteran Member • Posts: 4,717

Thanks Allen.

-proudfather

Allen Gerdes wrote:

Very nice artistic effect. I like it very much.

Regards....Allen

Spoilt for the fool that steals

And believe me, it's happened before!

-proudfather

VicC wrote:

Nice picture, but spoilt by the writing scrall. Vic

Babine Veteran Member • Posts: 7,191
Nice effect. Like the tones. nt.

proudfather wrote:

I made this composite using PS6. I altered the dress by using layers of sheets blowing from a fan.

-proudfather

-- hide signature --

Cheers.
Gary
http://forums.dpreview.com/Galleries/8298604696/photos
http://www.pbase.com/pictek
From a patient during his colonoscopy, 'Hey Doc. Could you write a note for my boss saying that my head is not up there?'

Buzzzman Veteran Member • Posts: 3,775
Re: Nice effect. Like the tones. nt.

Imaginative idea(using sheets) technically, excellent, but personally, I don't like the idea of her floating- it screams out "Photoshop-ed"  or" fake".   If she were on the ground- I think it would have much more impact.   With your skills--- that would be easy.

Thanks for posting- Your use of using sheets gave me ideas  for using unconventional  props in my composites.

Just my 2 Cents....

Buzz

stormyboy Contributing Member • Posts: 783

Beautiful composite.  Were the unlevel breasts intentional?

Thanks Babine (nt)

Babine wrote:

proudfather wrote:

I made this composite using PS6. I altered the dress by using layers of sheets blowing from a fan.

-proudfather

Re: Nice effect. Like the tones. nt.

That's interesting.  I have others of people on the ground.  This is just something different.  Here's a grounded shot of the same girl.

Buzzzman wrote:

Imaginative idea(using sheets) technically, excellent, but personally, I don't like the idea of her floating- it screams out "Photoshop-ed" or" fake". If she were on the ground- I think it would have much more impact. With your skills--- that would be easy.

Thanks for posting- Your use of using sheets gave me ideas for using unconventional props in my composites.

Just my 2 Cents....

Buzz

Everything was intentional in this shot (nt)

stormyboy wrote:

Beautiful composite. Were the unlevel breasts intentional?

mache1966 Regular Member • Posts: 186

I always like your work Proudfather, the only thing that stands out a little to me are the feet. My mind tells me that they would look better if they were angled down, sort of hanging. They look to flat, giving away that the model was stood on a flat surface. Not sure if knew you were going to be doing a levitation shot from the start, if so, perhaps at the time of the shoot you could have taken a second shot with the model seated on a high stool with the feet dangling and then merged those into the composite. Second option might be if you can do something with them in photoshop.

Just my thoughts, easy looking in from the outside after the event

Regards

Martin.

mdl50
mdl50 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,154
I like the soft clolor blending of ...

grey-white and purple tones. Soft, but not blurry. Maybe I would have left some more room at the top, but that's for grumblers. Great job !

-- hide signature --

Regards, Mario.
www.mario.zenfolio.com
http://mario.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p712067161.jpg

That is very true about the feet.  I contemplated constructing an angled platform for people to stand on should I ever attempt something like this again.  I also considered shooting just the legs dangling, as you mentioned, and merging them.  But I was lazy.  Maybe next time.

Thanks!

-proudfather

mache1966 wrote:

I always like your work Proudfather, the only thing that stands out a little to me are the feet. My mind tells me that they would look better if they were angled down, sort of hanging. They look to flat, giving away that the model was stood on a flat surface. Not sure if knew you were going to be doing a levitation shot from the start, if so, perhaps at the time of the shoot you could have taken a second shot with the model seated on a high stool with the feet dangling and then merged those into the composite. Second option might be if you can do something with them in photoshop.

Just my thoughts, easy looking in from the outside after the event

Regards

Martin.

Re: I like the soft clolor blending of ...

Thanks.  There's no real reason I left so little room at the top, other than I wanted to make sure there was enough room at the bottom to create levitation effect.  But this wasn't planned out real well prior to shooting, either.

-proudfather

mdl50 wrote:

grey-white and purple tones. Soft, but not blurry. Maybe I would have left some more room at the top, but that's for grumblers. Great job !

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads