External drive recomendations and backups
Am getting more serious about my photography and looking to turn pro. I want to buy some external HD's and set up for storage and backing up.
I have read many posts here about it, there's lots to weigh up and consider!
I have a macbook pro 17" (early 2011) with 750Gb HD + a G Tech 500Gb thunderbolt portable external HD. I have and want to learn more about aperture 3.
My inital thoughts are:
1) Use the 500 Gb portable drive (or get a 750Gb one) to do Time Machine back-ups of the MB pro while on the road and keep images I'm currently working on the MBP - in case the MB pro dies or gets stolen etc.
2) Two 1-2Tb external thunderbolt drives at home (clones/copies of each other) to hold the bulk of my images, maybe with Aperture libraries. To hold original raw files + finished files (jpegs?) of the same images.
3) Possible basic steps
a) SD card into MB pro via expansion slot (I already have the reader)
b) Aperture 3 to download from card to library and simultaneously to portable HD, so 2 copies already made and cards can be formatted ready to go again
c) At home, copy or use Time Machine etc. to back up to the 2 larger drives.
What external drives and procedures does everyone use? Any suggestions on external drives and/or procedures?
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|