Barn Owls and a purged lens collection

Started Feb 1, 2013 | Discussions
TheVoid Senior Member • Posts: 1,635
Barn Owls and a purged lens collection

I've had a busy week further refining my lens collection - sold off my 70-210 beercan to an appreciative buyer. I also got very little money (and rightly so) for my original Minolta lens pair - the 35-80xi and 80-200xi power zooms that served me through high school and college photography courses and yearbook staff. (<sniff>).  And, in the same day, I sold a recently-acquired Minolta 35-105 newer model zoom that worked fine but wasn't seeing much use.

All of this was to justify a new (used) purchase - Sony 70-300G...a more affordable stepping stone to the 70-400G that I ultimately  hope to aquire.

Anyway, the night before I shipped off the beercan I took a farewell drive with it and got a couple of reasonable keepers at the wildlife management area near my home:

Hopefully more like this to come after the new glass arrives...

Jeremy

TheVoid's gear list:TheVoid's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Sonyshine
Sonyshine Senior Member • Posts: 8,756
Re: Barn Owls and a purged lens collection

A beautiful Barn Owl! I sold my beeercan to  for similar reasons to you, I have to say I still miss it!

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Apple Aperture Apple iPhone SE
William Porter Senior Member • Posts: 1,676
Re: Barn Owls and a purged lens collection

I LOVE owls. Enjoyed these photos a lot. Liked the one showing the owl jumping into flight. And the first photo—the pattern of the back feathers that I'm seeing (I think) through his legs is pretty interesting. Not sure what I'm looking at but it's intriguing.

We have a couple species of owls here in Dallas. Had an eastern screech owl living in an owl house I put up, for two seasons, but he or she moved on. But I've seen bigger owls by the lake and even in our yard. The spooky thing is how quiet they are when they fly. Fascinating birds!

Anyway thanks for the pictures.

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads