>>>> Oly Challenge Results for C201 <<<<

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions
Trond Kleiveland Contributing Member • Posts: 598
>>>> Oly Challenge Results for C201 <<<<
 Trond Kleiveland's gear list:Trond Kleiveland's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
OP Trond Kleiveland Contributing Member • Posts: 598
Exhitition results
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
Congrats..
Competition results
Congrats...
And now also in the correct forum!

Ha, here you go, everything is possible.

And by now means, Shirley, don't take the blame for this. They probably enjoyed the photos in M43 forum anywat. I'll see if I can withdraw it.

Edit: Seems not possible, but it will disappear eventuallty..

Brent Lossing Forum Pro • Posts: 10,437
Congrats to Frank and Stefan! Big thanks to Kleivis

Kleivis - thanks a lot for running the show.  It was an excellent theme and excellently moderated as your usual.

Congrats to Stefan and Frank.  Both superior and excellent shots of a completely different type.

The galleries are all set for you here Frank - eager to see what you come up with!

Jan 30 - feb 11.

http://upload.pbase.com/oly_foto_review/c202_challenge

Thanks,

brent

Brad Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 7,951
Re: Competition results

my first vote was the  winner, congradulations, Frank,,  also, I see my own photos,were not on top,,actually they were on the bottom, unless I do a head stand which, many years ago, I was able to do, but at 58, do not want to attempt, , but the main thing was, I had fun thinking them up, that is my goal with these challenges, which is why I participate,,

Brad

Brad Ross's gear list:Brad Ross's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II
Drummer Forum Pro • Posts: 12,270
Congrats Stefan

I'd like to see that structure in person.  And wow, two in the top 5! Glad I was able to find these in my archives.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/bluesfish
http://www.dpreview.com/Galleries/7824292590/photos
If you can't make sense, go make nonsense. It's better than no sense at all.

Drummer Forum Pro • Posts: 12,270
Congrats Frank

That is a well thought out image and really relates to something we do indoors.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/bluesfish
http://www.dpreview.com/Galleries/7824292590/photos
If you can't make sense, go make nonsense. It's better than no sense at all.

MercurySoft1
MercurySoft1 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,161
Congrats Stefan!

That was a productive building for photos, you made it look even better than I suspect it was.  The color and you with that lens, great composition, really did some magic.

MCsaba, both shots you took were worthy for that top 2nd & 3rd.  I loved them both a lot and especially loved the girl and her cheese.  It was just so natural and she was so friendly with her lovely face.  The reflection in that grand piano was magic too!

David, nicely done with 4th and 5th!  I especially loved that plubing shot with the great golden brown tones.  Super good shot and processing!

Colin, it's good your shot got in the top, it was excellent.  I'd have been proud if it were mine.  You're so good at creating a mood.  That was great and she was very lovely.

It was very hard voting in that exhibition gallery and I did it in a bit of a rush.  I don't think I gave as many honerable mentions as I should of after I ran out of points.  I totally lost track of the days lately and I'm sorry about the delay I caused.  Thanks Trond for putting up with me today.

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

MercurySoft1's gear list:MercurySoft1's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
MercurySoft1
Very nice job Frank!

Your work with still life is really good.  You get great lighting and your arrangements are so well done.  It is the arrangement of the items that always seems just right.  Very good job, can't wait to see what's up next!

Art, you had two make it to the top 5, nice job!  I really liked the sunlight on the carpet and wall, the play with that was really great.

And Colin, there's that beauty of a girl again, and the great atmosphere you are famous for.  Very good shot, I have to say I liked that one in exhibition just a bit more because you could see her eyes and they were so great!

Thanks to everyone who shared a vote with my hospital shot too.  You know, when I took that shot, I didn't even realize what a mish mash of pastel it was. I noticed the shapes (thanks to looking at a lot of your shots) but the pastel colors were a nice surprise.  So, I got a bit lucky twice that day, the best luck was a that healthy lovely baby boy. 

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
FrankyM Senior Member • Posts: 2,291
Congrats to Stefan

for that outstanding shot! Congrats also to all who were placed.

I will try to come up with something ASAP!

faranya Senior Member • Posts: 1,548
Congratulations to Frank and Stefan ...

... as well as all the other top finishers! I managed to vote, although I couldn't post all that many comments this time around. It was good to see so many of my personal favourites in the winners' circles. And Frank's top shot didn't just win by a whisker, did it?

Brenda

faranya's gear list:faranya's gear list
Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM
MercurySoft1
lol, good one Brenda!

not by a whisker is right!  That was a squeaky clean win.  

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

Michael Ramsay Regular Member • Posts: 389
Big congrats to Frank and Stefan worthy winners and special thanks to thanks to Kleivis

for running such an entertaining challenge.

Congrats to to all the placed shots and to all that took part. THe challenge seemed to be easy when it was first announced but that quickly was proved wrong. This was a lot more challengingt than I first thought it would be. I standard of entered shots was as usual very high. I have only been taking part in these challenges for a short while but I feel I am learning all the time. I am looking forward to the next challenge with great anticipation.

-- hide signature --

Michael Ramsay

endika Senior Member • Posts: 1,748
Congratulations Frank and Stefan !!! (nt)
-- hide signature --
Re: Big congrats to Frank and Stefan worthy winners and special thanks to thanks to Kleivis

Michael Ramsay wrote:

for running such an entertaining challenge.

Congrats to to all the placed shots and to all that took part. THe challenge seemed to be easy when it was first announced but that quickly was proved wrong. This was a lot more challengingt than I first thought it would be. I standard of entered shots was as usual very high. I have only been taking part in these challenges for a short while but I feel I am learning all the time. I am looking forward to the next challenge with great anticipation.

Thanks Michael, I say on behalf of the community, we're glad you decided to take part! You're one who leaves a lot of comments, and this is in my view a great way to learn, and it's very much appreciated.

Trond

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads