Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions
lukep Senior Member • Posts: 2,076
Desert Landscapes - Viva Las Vegas

On a recent trip to Vegas i was lucky to get some great clouds and nice light

thanks for looking

FredCDobbs
FredCDobbs Regular Member • Posts: 194
Re: Desert Landscapes - Viva Las Vegas

Very nice. You have a nice feel for the desert scenery. Next time you are in the area, check out Valley of Fire state park about a half hour north east on the road to St. George. Very interesting place to photograph.

FredCDobbs's gear list:FredCDobbs's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-7 +1 more
meagre offerings
meagre offerings Veteran Member • Posts: 5,202

yes, i like them a lot, your very lucky to have such dramatic scenery and fantastic cloud formations on that side of the states.

it always seems to be dull and cloudy here lol.

meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
OP lukep Senior Member • Posts: 2,076

FredCDobbs wrote:

Very nice. You have a nice feel for the desert scenery. Next time you are in the area, check out Valley of Fire state park about a half hour north east on the road to St. George. Very interesting place to photograph.

Thanks Fred, yes i wanted to go there but was short on time.  Hopefully next time

nikonFboy wrote:

yes, i like them a lot, your very lucky to have such dramatic scenery and fantastic cloud formations on that side of the states.

it always seems to be dull and cloudy here lol.

thanks for the nice comments, yes I was lucky to have such nice clouds, it was right after a storm

FredCDobbs
FredCDobbs Regular Member • Posts: 194

Sometimes a little too exciting. Flash flooding in the desert is a concern. Rains in the mountains, it all runs down to the low lands and you may find your self in a dangerous position if you are in a low spot on the road or in a gulley or draw.

FredCDobbs's gear list:FredCDobbs's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-7 +1 more
Tom Rogers Contributing Member • Posts: 959

In my opinion, the last one is not in the same class as the others.  Put it first, and the pictures would just get better as the viewer moves through the group.

Bob 1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,044

Wow....  I especially like photo #3, the 35mm shot of photo #2... beautiful sky.  Very nice work!!  Bob

Bob 1's gear list:Bob 1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L USM +4 more

Bob 1 wrote:

Wow.... I especially like photo #3, the 35mm shot of photo #2... beautiful sky. Very nice work!! Bob

thanks Bob, appreciate the comments

Tom Rogers wrote:

In my opinion, the last one is not in the same class as the others. Put it first, and the pictures would just get better as the viewer moves through the group.

Makes sense Tom.  That shot was tough as i shot with a long lens and tried to compress the scene, it was also shot earlier in the day with more sun and contrast.  But i do like the clouds

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads