GH3 no longer switching between LCD and EVF automatically

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions
Fredrik Glckner Veteran Member • Posts: 3,644
GH3 no longer switching between LCD and EVF automatically

Suddenly, my GH3 stopped switching between the EVF and LCD automatically. I now need to use the button next to the EVF to switch.

I've checked that I still have the "Eye sensor" menu item set to "LVF/Monitor Auto"=On.

Can there be some other setting that I have missed? Any similar experience?

http://m43photo.blogspot.com/

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mike Ronesia
Mike Ronesia Veteran Member • Posts: 3,034
Re: GH3 no longer switching between LCD and EVF automatically

I know with my GH2 if I use the button it no longer does auto switching until I popo it.

-- hide signature --

Mark James
A.K.A. Mike Ronesia

Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sigma sd Quattro +12 more
Dphotog Regular Member • Posts: 100

While in the menu settings u should turn off or on in the eye sesnor section to on or off. Try this in manual. If its on try sitching if it continues to be a problem u mayhave a manlfunctioning eye sensor 

Detail Man
Detail Man Forum Pro • Posts: 16,688

Mike Ronesia wrote:

I know with my GH2 if I use the button it no longer does auto switching until I popo it.

That is probably what is going on. See description of the "LVF" button located directly to the left of the viewfinder (described on Page 66 of the GH3 Operating Instructions). Push that button and see.

OP Fredrik Glckner Veteran Member • Posts: 3,644

Detail Man wrote:

That is probably what is going on. See description of the "LVF" button located directly to the left of the viewfinder (described on Page 66 of the GH3 Operating Instructions). Push that button and see.

I wrote in the start of the thread that pressing this button is the only way to change between the EVF and LCD now.

I know that the GH1 and GH2 both behave in this way as well: If you press this button once, then the camera no longer automatically changes for you. But that is not what is going on with my GH3. It suddenly stopped changing when the eye sensor is activated/deactivated.

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,192

Fredrik Glckner wrote:

Suddenly, my GH3 stopped switching between the EVF and LCD automatically. I now need to use the button next to the EVF to switch.

I've checked that I still have the "Eye sensor" menu item set to "LVF/Monitor Auto"=On.

Can there be some other setting that I have missed? Any similar experience?

http://m43photo.blogspot.com/

Sometimes these are firmware gliches that can be solved by a menu reset of the camera. You will lose data though so check the manual which actually suggests you do a reset before selling the camera or sending for repair. Possibly you have tried this.

OP Fredrik Glckner Veteran Member • Posts: 3,644

Greynerd wrote:

Sometimes these are firmware gliches that can be solved by a menu reset of the camera. You will lose data though so check the manual which actually suggests you do a reset before selling the camera or sending for repair. Possibly you have tried this.

This is a good tip, thanks. I did try to use the "Reset" function in the custom menu. I reset both the setup and recording settings. And I ejected the battery after power off, to be on the safe side.

I still have the issue with the eye sensor function, so it seems to be a physical problem with the camera hardware, then.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads