X100 VIEWFINDER QUESTION.

Started Jan 20, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
widick OP Forum Member • Posts: 80
Re: X100 VIEWFINDER QUESTION.

Yes it does help, thank you.  While I can't get the EVF as bright as the OVF without losing contrast it gives me a useable image.  I was under the impression that the EVF would allow me to preview the picture I was taking.  Clearly that's incorrect.  At least outdoors, I'll be sticking with the OVF.

I would be interested to know where you found the instructions for adjusting the viewfinder brghtness.  I've scoured the manual with no success,

Thanks again,

El Chubasco
El Chubasco Contributing Member • Posts: 557

widick wrote:

Thanks for the input. You mentioned better options. I'd be interested in your advice.

The new X100s promises a great & improved electronic viewfinder with more definition, which is similar to the EVF found in the XE-1. Sony mirrorless nex 7 and nex 6 have excellent EVF. Samsung NX also offer a good EVF too.

The X100 (and upcoming X100s) are the only cameras in the market offering the Hybrid viewfinder (optical & electronic).

El Chubasco's gear list:El Chubasco's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +13 more
Stephenbw
Stephenbw Senior Member • Posts: 2,513

Glad it helps.

I got the info about adjusting the EVF from my PDF of Alexander White's X100 book which has been useful, although it is for the old firmware and I have found some inaccuracies. I still refer to it occasionally, though this site and the Fuji X Forums are a more up to date source of information.

-- hide signature --

Stephen

Stephenbw's gear list:Stephenbw's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads