Just another walk in the park...

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions
TClair
TClair Veteran Member • Posts: 4,301
Just another walk in the park...

meagre offerings
meagre offerings Senior Member • Posts: 5,195
Re: Just another walk in the park...

i like no1 and 4, but cant take to no2, it looks like you have moved the luminance slider a little too far.

or maybe thats how it was when you took the shot, if it was i apologise.

meagre offerings's gear list:meagre offerings's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
Vidau
Vidau Forum Pro • Posts: 13,282

# 2 appears with artificial fog, the others very well.

Vidau's gear list:Vidau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +14 more
Fredy Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 6,793

I agree about the 2nd but am not expert. Interesting as I see you have the Leica and I have been wondering about street photography cameras which are fast and silent even though here you don't need either for your shots. I am using a nex 6 (not silent) and a canon g11(not wide enough) and am wondering about the new Leica which is soon coming out. With photoshop and nik software I am wondering if one needs to spend so much on a camera when I can get interesting b/w with my time as I am an old lady. ? I also have gotten used to an articulating LCD which means I am not seen to be taking photos. Appreciate your thoughts on this subject..

-- hide signature --

fredyr

TClair
OP TClair Veteran Member • Posts: 4,301

I enjoy shooting with the Leica because it is simple (like me).  I prefer manual focus because I can rely on it and manually selecting the aperture focuses my attention on the depth of field.  That said you can make great images with any of today's cameras as long as you understand how the function.  I have several newer digital cameras and each one has it's purpose I just prefer shooting with the Leica but it is not for everyone.

The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 18,993

The first three are superb.  Love the lighting and processing.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +16 more
Fredy Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 6,793

Thanks for your answer. As I have my dog in the other hand what other cameras do you use for street photography so manual is out of question as you need two hands or don't you?

-- hide signature --

fredyr

TClair

For me my favorite for street photography, is the little Nikon V1 or J1 if you don't need a view finder.  It has the quickest and most accurate auto focus I have tried.  But it doesn't have a tilt screen if you want that feature I would say one of the Sony NEX series.  These are cameras I own so I know how they work but I'm sure there are many others.

Vidau
Vidau Forum Pro • Posts: 13,282

I have a Leica m6 and another ancient, I never felt comfortable with it, I can't explain it... the camera that I liked for the street is Mmiya 6.

Vidau's gear list:Vidau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +14 more
TClair

Very nice Leica's you have and I have always liked the Mamiya 6 and 7.  But I have put so much time and effort into understanding digital I will probably never go back.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads