Anybody have problems with topaz b/w effects no finishing the processing?

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions
Fredy Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 6,812
Anybody have problems with topaz b/w effects no finishing the processing?

I can use it if I change the fonts on my computer to small but then I can't see my desktop as everything is too small. Anybody have this problem and were able to solve it as the b/w processing stops half way and won't continue. I have been in touch with topaz and they haven't got an answer yet. By the way I have win pro 7 64 bit with 8gigs of ram and a nvideo card if that helps. Funnily enough the b/w effects work fine on my lenovoe x201 tablets with only 4 gigs and win pro 7 64 bit too. Help much appreciated.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Dutchpepper
Dutchpepper Senior Member • Posts: 1,505
Re: Anybody have problems with topaz b/w effects no finishing the processing?

Fredy Ross wrote:

I can use it if I change the fonts on my computer to small but then I can't see my desktop as everything is too small. Anybody have this problem and were able to solve it as the b/w processing stops half way and won't continue. I have been in touch with topaz and they haven't got an answer yet. By the way I have win pro 7 64 bit with 8gigs of ram and a nvideo card if that helps. Funnily enough the b/w effects work fine on my lenovoe x201 tablets with only 4 gigs and win pro 7 64 bit too. Help much appreciated.

Hi Fredy, sorry to hear your having problems, What program are you using for Topaz B&W to plugin?

DP
http://www.flickr.com/photos/loubella/

Dutchpepper's gear list:Dutchpepper's gear list
Sony a5000 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro +6 more
OP Fredy Ross Veteran Member • Posts: 6,812

CS6

-- hide signature --

fredyr

Allen Gerdes Veteran Member • Posts: 5,638

Works just fine for me....no problems of any kind.

Regards....Allen

Very pleased for you that it works but I know others have problems with it and I can't understand why it works on my laptop but not on my desktop without altering the fonts to small. Maybe the problem is my computer but I understand they have had complaints from others and will try to fix it.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

Well, since it works for you on your other computer and so many others on this forum, I also suspect some kind of conflict with your hardware, perhaps the graphics card?  Just a thought, as I am by no means a computer or software guru.  I just have a problem with blaming the software when it works so well with the great majority of users.

I am sure that the fine people at Topaz will do their very best to try to solve the problem for you, as they are among the very best when it comes to giving good service to their customers.  It is impossible for software developers to test every hardware/software configuration that their products might be used on.

Good luck and I hope that you get your problem resolved soon.

Regards....Allen

Thanks and I agree with you about topaz. They are great and I know they will eventually solve the problem as I am obviously not the ony one. Just that I had a problem last year with topaz adjust 5 and somebody on this forum helped me. In the meantime I will change the fonts when using the plugin. Thanks and have a nice weekend.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

Where are you changing the font size...in the Windows Control Panel under Fonts?  If so, what size is giving you the problem?  I would like to see if I can come up with the same problem, as our computers are configured similarly.

Regards....Allen

it doesn/t make a difference whether through the control panel or through the desktop to screen resolitopm/ I have it set to 150%  b.w doesn't work but 100% does work, I have a 23 eizo monitor and am an old lady so I need it larger.

-- hide signature --

fredyr

RemcoR Senior Member • Posts: 1,123
Re: same (sort of) problem

Topaz doesn't save the image after PP in B/W effects, only after 5-8 tries.

All other Topaz plugin's do just fine, same as the NIK plugin's. Have CS5.

RemcoR

-- hide signature --

Pentax K-5 K100D Sigma 17-70 F2.8/4.5 DC Macro
Pentax 35mm F2 AL Pentax 55-300mm 4-5.8
SMC Pentax 35-105mm F3.5 macro
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50mm F1.7
http://picasaweb.google.com/RemcoRog
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/RemcoRog

RemcoR's gear list:RemcoR's gear list
Pentax K-5 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads