Started Jan 17, 2013 | Discussions
MrBlissfly
OP MrBlissfly Regular Member • Posts: 279
Re: Recent works: DP2m

cinemascope wrote:

Have you tried them in B&W?

I find the colour a bit distracting...

Hi

Thanks for the feedback, the colour is an important part for me and tonally these colours are very close and produce sheets of grey ( which as of itself could be interesting, John Blakemore's images in "The Stillted Gaze" have a short tonal range for example.)

My ultimate goal is to produce images that are very difficult to look at, that make the eye struggle.

This I am learning is very, very difficult, in fact I don't know what will come first this or true consensus on this forum.

Richard

-- hide signature --

Formerly posting as 'Blissfly'

Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,011

MrBlissfly wrote:

ck15 wrote:

you tell this "works".....you are kidding......or not?

Absolutley deadly serious, there is a significant purpose and conceptual intent at work here.

-- hide signature --

not sure about the "conceptual intent" but what is missing here is a subject...

a photograph, whichever it shows must have one, or several , "item" that can be identified as the subject... No such thing in thise images... Sorry

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II +22 more
Harold66

MrBlissfly wrote:

villebon wrote:

MrBlissfly wrote:

Hi

Some of my recent work:

Am sorry, but all I see is aimless pointing of a camera.

Of course, to you they are not and have a purpose. But I just don't see it. Not something I'd want to put on a wall

That is absolutely fine, sometimes the ordinary is extraordinarily difficult to achieve.

-- hide signature --

No that's not it. A sentence as meaningless as the images you posted. Maybe you can try again.

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com

Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II +22 more
Harold66

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Is the concept "obscured growth"? In each of these you can just discern new growth beyond a veil of dead material.

In any other place than these forums , this would be some kind of third degree joke...

Whatever trip you are on , nobody serious is watching .. Or listening

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com

idillic Regular Member • Posts: 163

MrBlissfly wrote:

Hi

Some of my recent work:

-- hide signature --

Just read all of the posts above.  I must be the odd one out - I thought they were great & by far some of the more interesting images posted here. They are probably better posted on Flickr or somewhere like that.

Back in the early 1980s, I took a series of photographs over a two year period not unlike what you have taken here (all B&W medium format) - they formed the basis of my first exhibition at a highly regarded art gallery in Melbourne.

It would be good to be able to see the prints, or better web images.

I look forward to seeing more of your work - here or wherever.

idillic's gear list:idillic's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Pentax 645D Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +8 more
MrBlissfly

Harold66 wrote:

MrBlissfly wrote:

ck15 wrote:

Absolutley deadly serious, there is a significant purpose and conceptual intent at work here.

-- hide signature --

a photograph, whichever it shows must have one, or several , "item" that can be identified as the subject... No such thing in thise images...

Why?

Also the intended "item" is not necessarilly the punctum.

-- hide signature --

MrBlissfly

idillic wrote:

MrBlissfly wrote:

Hi

Some of my recent work:

-- hide signature --

Just read all of the posts above. I must be the odd one out - I thought they were great & by far some of the more interesting images posted here. They are probably better posted on Flickr or somewhere like that.

Back in the early 1980s, I took a series of photographs over a two year period not unlike what you have taken here (all B&W medium format) - they formed the basis of my first exhibition at a highly regarded art gallery in Melbourne.

It would be good to be able to see the prints, or better web images.

I look forward to seeing more of your work - here or wherever.

You are probably right, I thought it might be interesting for some here to hear about my application of Foveon technology.

It's a different spin from the usual but my way of seeing has a synergy with this technology.

I am lucky enough to have many types of cameras at my disposal but for some reason I am making better work with the little DP2m.

I spent 4 years obsessively photographing a small area of Epping forest in London, no bigger than a tennis court, with a Lubitel, beautiful dreamy haunting work. My Hasselblad didn't get a look in.

-- hide signature --

Harold66

MrBlissfly wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

MrBlissfly wrote:

ck15 wrote:

-- hide signature --

a photograph, whichever it shows must have one, or several , "item" that can be identified as the subject... No such thing in thise images...

Why?

-- hide signature --

i have ZERO idea about what this means. seems your prose is as indecipherable as your images .

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com

MrBlissfly

Harold66 wrote:

MrBlissfly wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

MrBlissfly wrote:

ck15 wrote:

-- hide signature --

Why?

-- hide signature --

i have ZERO idea about what this means. seems your prose is as indecipherable as your images .

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com

Roland Barthes.

The punctum is an aspect of the image that punctures the eye, grabs the attention.

It is often not what the creator intended, the viewer is subject to the " studium"

Their knowledge, culture, experiences etc that they bring to the image, this has a huge bearing as to what is considered significant within an image.

Its been a while since I studied it but I think that's the spirit of it.

-- hide signature --

SuperDuper
Harold66

Hello again

Thanks for the clarification. Truth be told , I also studied Roland Barthes ( la chambre claire) but I could not remember a thing on the account of his prose to be soooo boring..

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads