Pic of GH3 w/Panny 20mm 1.7 on it?

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions
Mercury5000 New Member • Posts: 7
Pic of GH3 w/Panny 20mm 1.7 on it?

I've seen pix of the Panny 20mm 1.7 on a GH2, but was wondering about the camera-to-lens size ratio when fitted on the slightly larger GH3.

Could someone share a pic of what a GH3 looks like wearing the Panny 20mm? Just curious, and thanks in advance!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
DElliott Senior Member • Posts: 1,061
Re: Pic of GH3 w/Panny 20mm 1.7 on it?

Mercury5000 wrote:

I've seen pix of the Panny 20mm 1.7 on a GH2, but was wondering about the camera-to-lens size ratio when fitted on the slightly larger GH3.

Could someone share a pic of what a GH3 looks like wearing the Panny 20mm? Just curious, and thanks in advance!

See here for a camera body and lens matching simulation:

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/special/matching.html

mrxak Regular Member • Posts: 218

DElliott wrote:

See here for a camera body and lens matching simulation:

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/special/matching.html

That's a neat site, thanks for linking it. Anyone who thinks the GH3 is some huge massive camera ought to try that out with the 100-300mm attached.

mrxak's gear list:mrxak's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +8 more
OP Mercury5000 New Member • Posts: 7

Very cool site--thanks!

Farscape1 Regular Member • Posts: 179

Here you go!

Chas2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,540

Try this site also...

Camerasize.com

Chas2's gear list:Chas2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +12 more
OP Mercury5000 New Member • Posts: 7

Thanks!

bluelemmy
bluelemmy Senior Member • Posts: 1,017

With and without hood....

-- hide signature --

David
www.dthorpe.net

bluelemmy's gear list:bluelemmy's gear list
Olympus E-M1
agshoots New Member • Posts: 2

Hi. Assuming you may have had a GH1 and/or GH2 with your 20mm, have you noticed any AF improvements in the lens when it is attached to the GH3, photos/video, AFS/AFC? Thanks!

grumpyolderman Senior Member • Posts: 1,085

looking very good!

JL

PC Wheeler
PC Wheeler Forum Pro • Posts: 17,902

agshoots wrote:

Hi. Assuming you may have had a GH1 and/or GH2 with your 20mm, have you noticed any AF improvements in the lens when it is attached to the GH3, photos/video, AFS/AFC? Thanks!

I've used the 20 f/1.7 with GH1, GH2 and GH3 (and a GX1). I've noticed no camera-related focusing issues with any of these bodies (using the single focus area, centered, with the smallest size box). However, the mechanics of the 20 f/1.7 seem to make for longer focus times when going from close in to faraway targets. So, for example, with street photography focus speed has never been a concern for me.

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 IV
johndfrey Forum Member • Posts: 64

Here is my GH3 with this lens set up for video.

GH3 with Pan 20mm 1.7 set up for video

agshoots New Member • Posts: 2

PC Wheeler wrote:

I've used the 20 f/1.7 with GH1, GH2 and GH3 (and a GX1). I've noticed no camera-related focusing issues with any of these bodies (using the single focus area, centered, with the smallest size box). However, the mechanics of the 20 f/1.7 seem to make for longer focus times when going from close in to faraway targets. So, for example, with street photography focus speed has never been a concern for me.

Thanks for that. I remember renting a 20mm for my GH1 for a wedding (videography), and noticed the AFC was slow, and for some street photography as well it felt slow-ish, as well as the general opinion of the 20mm being a slow AF lens. I suppose for your style of shooting, you don't seem to run into any problems, but I wanted to ask as I've been reading that certain lenses are focusing faster on the GH3 which I just bought.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads