X30 Feature Request

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions
connortn Regular Member • Posts: 226
Re: X30 Feature Request

I think a real ND filter would be nice. If I want wide (landscape) I'll shoot pano, so a good 3 or 5 shot pano.  Improved higher ISO even thou it's not bad at what it does for a p&s but this would be covered if they go with a larger sensor, just keep the 12mp size.  Definately a larger capacity battery. Don't drop the tele any. Don't need or like GPS on cameras. Takes up valuable room in the camera for something more useful (to me, anyway). I really liked the ability of an inexpensive wireless shutter remote with my Nikon DSLR. Used it a lot.  I don't think I would like the added expense and size of a flip screen. I would like the pop up flash to tilt up, at least 45 degrees or more, but it may not be very usuable at it's present power. I usually only use the built in flash to trigger off camera flashes anyway, so tilting it up would keep it from interfering with my off camera lighting.

Something I've always wondered is if there's a way to design a new battery the same size as 2 or 3 aa batteries so that you could pop in aa batteries in emergency situations. I have always disliked propriatory only batteries for cameras. I rarely find myself without quick availability of aa batteries, but you don't just drop in anywhere to pick up a fully charged propriatory camera battery. Even if the shot count went down, at least you could still shoot!

LarryLarryLarry New Member • Posts: 1
Re: If X30 rumors are correct...

Wish list

A distortion free lens: No use including wide angle capabilities if it distorts as horribly as the fuji 18-55 frankenstein lense.

A sensor that can produce professional results. This camera has huge potential.

A 100% viewfinder: It makes no sense at all to build a camera with this enormous potential and cripple it's potential with an anything less than 100%. Post processing already takes up a lot of time - who needs the headache. Serous photographers want what they shoot period.

LarryLarryLarry's gear list:LarryLarryLarry's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5
Michel Cojan
Michel Cojan Contributing Member • Posts: 682

IF the X30 rumors are correct... I believe the competitor could (should?) be straight the Leica X-Vario (after all, first APS sensor and fixed zoom in a compact body is a reality now!), at a (more) decent price... Remain to be seen which focal lens range will be proposed by Fuji (24 or 28 to 70 or 85mm) and more importantly, what kind of aperture range they'll chose (Leica got on the very conservative side with their F3.5-6.4 range) Would a constant F4 be more realistic and appealing & at what price ?

Michel Cojan's gear list:Michel Cojan's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D3400 +1 more
Michel Cojan
Michel Cojan Contributing Member • Posts: 682

IF the X30 rumors are correct... I believe the competitor could (should?) be straight the Leica X-Vario (after all, first APS sensor and fixed zoom in a compact body is a reality now!), at a (more) decent price... Remain to be seen which focal lens range will be proposed by Fuji (24 or 28 to 70 or 85mm) and more importantly, what kind of aperture range they'll chose (Leica got on the very conservative side with their F3.5-6.4 range) Would a constant F4 be more realistic and appealing & at what price ?

Tapper123 wrote:

If the recent "xjrumor" rumor is correct, then the X30 could be very exciting. If they can integrate a sensor bigger than the RX100 (something like the Canon G1X sensor), maintain the body size, keep the viewfinder, add a flip screen it could be truly special. The hardest part, I would guess, would be the lens, since it would need to get bigger for the sensor. Personally I'd prefer they cut some of the tele end, and start the wide end at 24mm, maybe 24mm - 85mm equiv for example.

My fear is that Fuji will be afraid to make the X30 too good, lest it compete against the X100 series. With a sensor just 20% smaller than the APS-C X cameras, and a good quality integrated zoom, the X30 could be virtually as good for most uses.

I hope the xjrumo rumor is correct. I love the Sony RX series, and I have an RX100 II pre-ordered, but it's sad there is no real competition for the RX cameras. The rumored X30 could finally give some competition, albeit the body size would still make the RX100 series the best small size camera. But the X30 could become the best jacket pocket size camera with a zoom lens and VF.

Michel Cojan's gear list:Michel Cojan's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D3400 +1 more
compay New Member • Posts: 1

i had a fuji x20…i loved the image quality, the build quality, the manual zoom, the quickmenu !!! and especially the fuji colors… I also like the size of the sensor because with just that noise it made me feel like a film camera…I have a 80 by 120 cm print which looks really good…..but finally i sold the camera. I had bought it as a pocketable camera which i wanted always to have with me….Not the size was a problem but the lens hood. I like to grab the camera, switch it on and push the button. Like for example walking or on the bicycle..to take quick street photographs…..

so my wish list

automatic lens hood…..

a viewfinder which is more accurate concerning the focus point. (the green focus area in the viewfinder doesn't correspond in an absolute correct way with the real focus point by the lens !!!) I really was disappointed by this because it made the viewfinder quite useless, while it is such a useful option to have a viewfinder

lens 24-85 1.8 - 2.8

on/off by a button

and yes why not a one inch sensor

Have a sony rx100 right now, love the size and quality…but i miss the feeling of a fuji…

compay's gear list:compay's gear list
Samyang 35mm F1.4 AS UMC Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art
HornOUBet
HornOUBet Senior Member • Posts: 2,209

arcobaleno wrote:

Fully agree with Luc. Moreover, I like photography even more than new gear and would like to see on this forum more interesting pics instead of endless and often empty talk on tech features. And that would be great to see in those photos something different from flowers, birds, cats, leaves on the ground and landscapes taken from the bedroom window.

Just stated visiting this forum because I ordered the irresistibly priced X10...will keep my OM-D E-M5, Panasonic GF1, Canon T2i though.... glad to see the mentality is the same on all the forums I visit at least....

-- hide signature --
 HornOUBet's gear list:HornOUBet's gear list
Canon G3 X Olympus TG-5 Canon EOS 550D Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +24 more
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 26,014

Now that I have this idea that I have my X10 optimized, I am thinking that under the best configurations for each of the X10 and the X20, there is very little to distinguish one from the other. The much-vaunted X-Trans system in the X-20 may not be the best game in town, in the long run.

Anyhow, an X30 would absolutely benefit the most from having a backside-illuminated 1" sensor like the RX100 II. But with lower MP. I'm thinking a new BI version of the 1" Aptina sensor which is used in the Nikon 1 system.

Problem #1 with this of course is the lens, which would be about 50% larger, necessitating a move of the OVF to the extreme corner of the camera ala NEX-7.

Add maybe $150 to the selling price but wow, the improved low-light and noise performance will make this new "X30" really worthwhile.

Viva la X30!

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Sony a7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads