X30 Feature Request

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions
CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 11,030
Re: 'Duck/Squirrel Recognition' - IP/patent gold...

Mark H wrote:

'Duck/Squirrel Recognition' (a la 'Face Recognition') - must be fortune to be made in patenting that as.

LOL!

Usually it is Billx with all the good jokes, but this one is a side splitter.

Sorry I can't be too cynical however. Today I really enjoyed seeing all the Fujifilm people behind innovations in the new X-Trans cameras. If this is marketing, it's working on me.

kernelpanic Junior Member • Posts: 43
Re: X30 Feature Request

Luc de Schepper wrote:

My wishlist is short; for more people to realize they can shoot fabulous images with their current gear.

But... but... but... to make an awesome picture is MANDATORY to have at least a full frame x-trans III 30Mpx 14-280mm f1-2.8 camera!!, and that's for a compact, because truth be told, it should be medium format with a fixed maximum aperture of f1.

By the way, that was sarcasm. I couldn't agree more with your comment!

kernelpanic's gear list:kernelpanic's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs
Mark H
Mark H Veteran Member • Posts: 3,593
Wrong forum for 'photo sharing'...

arcobaleno wrote:

.... Moreover, I like photography even more than new gear and would like to see on this forum more interesting pics instead of endless and often empty talk on tech features.

Well you really are in the wrong forum...

Quote: "Welcome to the Fujifilm FinePix Talk Forum, the place to discuss Fujifilm compact digital cameras.

...the photo sharing forums can be found elsewhere.

[Message from Mod] Mark, this is uneccessary from you or other users to comment on. Please be concerned about your own forum behaviour which has been less than ideal over the past few days.

And that would be great to see in those photos something different from flowers, birds, cats, leaves on the ground and landscapes taken from the bedroom window.

Take your pick... Flickr, Picassa, PBase, to name just a few - and you'll instantly find thousands upon thousands of photos 10x, 100x, better and more inspiring than anything you'll see here.

metalized Forum Member • Posts: 68

Weather shield and even brighter lens in all focal length.

Re: I want to see an X2

that's for xf2 i think

CAcreeks
CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 11,030

metalized wrote:

that's for xf2 i think

The XF1 lens is nowhere near as good as the X10 lens, as is evident from comparing Rattymouse's pictures from each.

CAcreeks wrote:

metalized wrote:

that's for xf2 i think

The XF1 lens is nowhere near as good as the X10 lens, as is evident from comparing Rattymouse's pictures from each.

xf will have better lens then.. and with an x-trans cmos ii sensor. well, maybe

Mickey LeBeau Junior Member • Posts: 41

Bernie wrote:

- Real EVF (no hybrid) with high resolution 2'300'000 dots

- Movie-mode with 23.976 fps, 24fps and 25fps

- tilting-screen

- Noise reduction "off"-setting in JPEG-mode (no noise reduction!)

- Continuous-shooting with 3/2/1 fps with AF-refocusing for every shoot (not only

the first one)

- Continuous-shooting with external flash (on my X10 and X-S1 disabled)

- Accessoire: Stronger external flash-gun (GN 58)

Regards

Bernie

I would add to the list a 3x's & 4x's digital zoom for those times when the 2x is not quite enough.

Mickey LeBeau's gear list:Mickey LeBeau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
lacro Forum Member • Posts: 66

The X ×0 fixed zoom lens series still is my best choice for her mix of IQ, lens, sensor, design, and experience as well as size.

If there is any chance of being read, I'd rather like FUJI to keep the path, and improve the specs even further if that would be possible within the same budget.

1. A 24-120 mm, f 1.8 ~ 2.4 fixed zoom lens with Macro (keep it as fast as possible),

2. An even bigger sensor (avoid the pixel race, I only care for IQ),

3. A full information hybrid? viewfinder with better coverage,

4. A wider shutter speed range,

5. A better resolution LCD,

6. A general overall smaller size, with exactly the same aesthetics and spirit.

7. Include a std UV filter and regular carrying case (avoid the mandatory optionals).

My two cents, Carlos

PS:

When could we expect a X30?

evoprox
evoprox Senior Member • Posts: 1,469

Pretty much what I wished the X20 to have or be - obviously in vain - but here goes:

- one-inch sensor (or no deal !)

- same lens as the X10/X20, 28-112mm equiv./f2-2.8, adapted to the new sensor (= slightly larger, but still relatively compact)

- tilt screen

- built in ND-filter

- more reliable on-off switch

- EVF (my guess is that the X30 will have one anyway)

- 3 custom modes via dial

- second customizable multi-purpose ring on the lens e.g. for easy manual focusing

- tiltable in-cam flash with fixable upright position

- option to turn the bl..dy noise reduction entirely OFF

- Go Fuji - make it a cannibal this time

evoprox's gear list:evoprox's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha a7 II
geoson Contributing Member • Posts: 889
Something Brewing?

From Fuji Rumors:

http://www.fujirumors.com/xjrumo-says-fuji-working-on-the-x30-sensor-bigger-than-1/

I hope that the 3rd option turns out to be a bridge with a larger sensor and a smaller zoom.

geoson's gear list:geoson's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Samsung TL500 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 +2 more
Wellington100 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,053
Hybrid viewfinder from the X100

silps wrote:

Now that the X20 is old news what do you want see in the X30?

My wish list:

24mm on the wide end

Higher res tilt LCD screen

Touch screen

Closer to 100% optical viewfinder (actually the might as well throw in a hybrid viewfinder)

Built-in wifi

So how about your wish list?

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle.

Wellington100's gear list:Wellington100's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX720 HS Canon PowerShot SX240 HS Ricoh GR Fujifilm FinePix F300EXR Fujifilm FinePix S100fs +15 more

I would love a better compact fixed zoom lens option, provided it will be broader (24-120) and faster (1.8-2.4), have a bigger sensor 1" (a Sony RX100 II challenger), an even better viewfinder and similar overall design philisophy at almost the same reasonable price range.

Though I like the Sony's smaller size much, this Fuji Project wish list isn't matched by anyone yet.

-Carlos Lacroze

VaLeX Senior Member • Posts: 1,067

An 27-125mm equiv. constant F2 lens. But, since we're not supposed to dream here, the actual lens is ok.

The actual sensor is ok, maybe tweaked for better high ISO and better DR.

Better focus.

Tilt screen.

Two configurable wheels for settings (front wheel, reall wheel).

A more protruding handgrip.

Realistically, my ideal camera would be a tweaked 20 with with a screen similar to Oly Xz20 or Pentax MX1.

-- hide signature --

Comments, criticism, suggestions: it goes without saying!
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/huzururmuz/

VaLeX's gear list:VaLeX's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
Trevor G Veteran Member • Posts: 6,559
Re: X30 Feature Request - a sensor that is less noisy.

silps wrote:

Now that the X20 is old news what do you want see in the X30?

I would have thought that actual X20 owners might have responded.

Since they haven't I'll step in:

1) A sensor that is not noisy like the present one.

The only failing of the existing X20 is a very noisy sensor, even at ISO100.

Go up from there and it becomes horrendous when viewed at 100%.  Even the X10 is not all that great at ISO320, butthe X20 easily surpasses it (in noise, especially).

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

makofoto Regular Member • Posts: 470

"might as well throw in a hybrid viewfinder"

... and you're willing to pay $1,000+ for this ?

Tapper123
Tapper123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,658
If X30 rumors are correct...

If the recent "xjrumor" rumor is correct, then the X30 could be very exciting. If they can integrate a sensor bigger than the RX100 (something like the Canon G1X sensor), maintain the body size, keep the viewfinder, add a flip screen it could be truly special. The hardest part, I would guess, would be the lens, since it would need to get bigger for the sensor. Personally I'd prefer they cut some of the tele end, and start the wide end at 24mm, maybe 24mm - 85mm equiv for example.

My fear is that Fuji will be afraid to make the X30 too good, lest it compete against the X100 series. With a sensor just 20% smaller than the APS-C X cameras, and a good quality integrated zoom, the X30 could be virtually as good for most uses.

I hope the xjrumo rumor is correct. I love the Sony RX series, and I have an RX100 II pre-ordered, but it's sad there is no real competition for the RX cameras. The rumored X30 could finally give some competition, albeit the body size would still make the RX100 series the best small size camera. But the X30 could become the best jacket pocket size camera with a zoom lens and VF.

Tapper123's gear list:Tapper123's gear list
Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X100F Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +7 more
Re: If X30 rumors are correct...

The rumored X30 or Fuji's answer to the Sony RX100 II challenge must fulfil many requirements, soon and at a similar reasonable price range, without mining her bigger sisters' segment, the 100S.

Wouldn't mind the "best >jacket pocket< size camera", is bigger than the best small size cam, provided a broader (24-120) and faster (1.8-2.4) fixed zoom lens, a bigger sensor 1" (a Sony RX100 II challenger), the X ×0 compact line experience is kept, an even better viewfinder as well as a similar overall design philisophy, while keeping at least the device quality and IQ standards from her bigger sisters.

-- hide signature --

Carlos

Ric Cheng Regular Member • Posts: 319

X30 features :

X100S with zoom lens (24mm to 115mm)

Fast lens (1.4 to 2.0)

Articulated lcd screen (similar to Panasonic G6, so that taking photo for myself became possible)

Wifi so that smartphone become remote control

Funny camera apps (similar to NEX 6)

Bjrn SWE
Bjrn SWE Regular Member • Posts: 432

The X20 is fantastic in many ways, but there is room for improvements:

Larger sensor! 1" (Sony X100) or µ43 size perhaps!? This implies a slightly larger lens I believe, while zoom range and max aperture is fine as it is. Body size can hopefully stay the same.

Bayer sensor (there is no magic about the X-trans, quite the opposite)

Improved viewfinder. 100% (still OVF)

ND-filter

Bjrn SWE's gear list:Bjrn SWE's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads