K to Q adapter

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Questions
Matt T E New Member • Posts: 15
K to Q adapter

Received the K to Q adapter, got a couple of test shots off With no issues.  But now I only get a black/static LCD screen when it's attached.  Same with with both an FA and DA lens. Q lenses work just fine.  Anyone experience this?  Any suggestions on a fix?  I powered down, detached and started over with no luck.

Thanks for any ideas.

brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337
Re: K to Q adapter

Matt T E wrote:

Received the K to Q adapter, got a couple of test shots off With no issues. But now I only get a black/static LCD screen when it's attached. Same with with both an FA and DA lens. Q lenses work just fine. Anyone experience this? Any suggestions on a fix? I powered down, detached and started over with no luck.

Thanks for any ideas.

I had the same problem with mine. I sent the dang thing back to B&H.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
OP Matt T E New Member • Posts: 15

Thanks Ron.  Wonder if I have a well-traveled adapter since mine came from B&H as well?  That would be crazy.  Looks like this will have to go back to B&H or Pentax.

brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337

Matt T E wrote:

Thanks Ron. Wonder if I have a well-traveled adapter since mine came from B&H as well? That would be crazy. Looks like this will have to go back to B&H or Pentax.

Matt,

I made sure that I specified what was wrong with the one I sent back to them. So, if they sent that same one to you that is bad policy on the part of B&H.

The way I use my stuff I came to the conclusion that I don't need that expensive adapter from Pentax. I bought a cheapo from ebay for K, KA, and DA lenses. It works just fine for my use.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

snostorm Senior Member • Posts: 2,044

Hi Matt,

I had a WTF moment like this, then looked at the aperture ring -- to find I had accidentally rotated it to about 7 on the scale. . .

This kind of thing happens to me a lot. . . Last spring on my first outing in the spring, I had my FA* 300 f4.5 with 1.7x AFA and saw the dreaded f-- in the VF -- removed the lens and rubbed the contacts on the lens and body, remounted the lens, removed the battery and replaced it. . . then noticed that the aperture ring wasn't in the "A" position. . .

Scott

snostorm's gear list:snostorm's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1
EArenz
EArenz Contributing Member • Posts: 608

Can't happen with the Fotodiox adapter...

Ed

EArenz's gear list:EArenz's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads