$316 K-01 on the way

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions
Pentaxer
Pentaxer Contributing Member • Posts: 893
Tracking number provided!

I just received tracking for one of my 2 orders. I should have the first one on Wednesday!

Pentaxer's gear list:Pentaxer's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 950 Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +10 more
steve_K10D
steve_K10D Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: $316 K-01 on the way

I see amazon although not selling this one directly has them up for $318  unfortunately no shipping to australia

McSpin Regular Member • Posts: 478
Re: Tracking number provided!

Mine has shipped will be here tomorrow, so they have come through on my order.

EArenz
EArenz Contributing Member • Posts: 608
Re: $316 K-01 on the way

steve_K10D wrote:

I see amazon although not selling this one directly has them up for $318 unfortunately no shipping to australia

I'd be careful with that one anyway. As some have inquired and it appears that the description is incorrect.  The ASIN: B0076397MQ refers to body only AFAIK.  If it's a kit with 40mm lens it should have an ASIN that starts with B00740.

Ed

EArenz's gear list:EArenz's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens +17 more
EArenz
Re: Surprise surprise... shipping soon

Two bright yellow K-01 kits with 40mm lens showed up at the door this morning.  After the 3% cash-back for using the Amazon Visa, they figure to ~ $307.50 each.  Hard to beat.  Thought people might want to know that they're actually being delivered...

Ed

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens +17 more
SRT201
SRT201 Senior Member • Posts: 2,515

Good to hear.  I'll chime in when mine shows.

-- hide signature --

Any government that has the power to correct any injustice and level any inequality also has the power to do ANYTHING it wants.

TwoUptons Senior Member • Posts: 1,155

Mine was on the stoop when I got home.

The battery is charging now, and I've loaded the firmware update onto the SD card...

So Amazon made it with 26 hours left in their delivery window

I'll take that...

SRT201

And so... It showed. Amazing! I was really starting to think Amazon would just cancel the orders.

This 40mm is almost funny it's so small. Looks ridiculous on the K-5.

EArenz

This 40mm is almost funny it's so small. Looks ridiculous on the K-5.

You should see it on the K20D.  Looks like a body cap.

Ed

Jim King
Jim King Veteran Member • Posts: 8,274

Amazon email says Friday.  My hopes are definitely up now that you have received yours!

-- hide signature --

Jim King - Retired Colormonger - Suburban Detroit, Michigan, USA; GMT -5h (EST)
Pentaxian for over 50 years.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Sir Winston Churchill
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
- Albert Einstein

Jim King's gear list:Jim King's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Pentax K-3 Pentax MX-1 Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X30 +92 more
I shoot guitars Junior Member • Posts: 28

I ordered mine Jan 3rd. I just got an email and tracking number. It will be here monday. I'm already looking for my next lens.

-- hide signature --

Love what happens.

I shoot guitars's gear list:I shoot guitars's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Jim King
It's finally here!

Sorry for my pessimism, Amazon.  All is forgiven - I should never have doubted you!

This was my first chance to see the Bumblebee in the flesh (so to speak) and to hold it.  It's a very solid and chunky thing, but it feels good in the hand and looks quite sporty.  I expect to have a lot of fun with it, although I don't think it will displace my K5 IIs and X-E1 as my primary shooters.  We'll see...

-- hide signature --

- Sir Winston Churchill
- Albert Einstein

brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337
Re: It's finally here!

Jim King wrote:

Sorry for my pessimism, Amazon. All is forgiven - I should never have doubted you!

I was never worried myself. I did however, cancel my order but that's because I already bought four of them previously and I really could not justify another one.

I remember a few years ago that a great buy came up on Amazon (I think it was for a K-7), and all those that ordered got worried just like the folks in this thread. In the end, all of them got their "great deals".

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Jim King
Ron-

I hope you realize that all my angst in this thread was an attempt at humor - I've never had a problem with Amazon that I couldn't work out with them. Their huge success is testimony in part to their great customer service.

-- hide signature --

- Sir Winston Churchill
- Albert Einstein

wildkat2 Contributing Member • Posts: 899
Yellow to black for $12

Well no yellow K-01 for me. Today was the day Amazon had promised me a tracking number with my shipped camera. Instead I got an email saying no camera was coming until at least March and I needed to decide if I wanted to cancel.

I got on chat with Amazon and they strongly hinted no camera would be coming. After lots of discussion they transferred my order to the black version and applied a $30 credit. Result is I will receive a black one for $328 - $12 more than the original yellow price.

(Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Black))

Im bummed I wont have a bright yellow conversation started but happy that I am getting a good deal on a great camera lens combination. Hopefully I will get a tracking number today.

For anyone else waiting on a yellow one ordered back in January I suggest you get with customer service ASAP. As of this minute Amazon has 9 black body/lens combos in stock and I got the feeling there would not be any more coming.

Good Luck!

-- hide signature --

Very happy K5 & K200 owner!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ksuwildkat/

wildkat2's gear list:wildkat2's gear list
Pentax K200D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax Q7 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +21 more
SRT201
Re: Yellow to black for $12

Much better than not getting one.  I guess they cut the number of orders really close.

Black, silver, yellow... they all work the same.

-- hide signature --

Any government that has the power to correct any injustice and level any inequality also has the power to do ANYTHING it wants.

SHIPPED!!!

It is on the way!!!

Only 4 left with Amazon as of this minute.  THey do have the standard "More on the way."

-- hide signature --

Very happy K5 & K200 owner!

I got it!!!

Got my K-01 today!

Wow this thing is CRAZY small!!

Looking forward to putting it though its paces!

-- hide signature --

Very happy K5, K-01 & K200 owner!

jm_mac Senior Member • Posts: 2,043
Re: I got it!!!

Congratulations! I saw your other post about swapping your order, and called Amazon to do the same. The good news is i was able to swap my order for the yellow one to a white one for the same price! The bad need is they are out of stock and shipping is quoted as mid to end of march. oh well, I hope they can get some in stock.

jm_mac's gear list:jm_mac's gear list
Ricoh WG-M1 Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Nikon D7200 Canon EOS 80D +12 more
McSpin Regular Member • Posts: 478
Re: Yellow to black for $12

I have one of each color and I've got to admit, I really like the yellow one.  I didn't think I would, but it really looks better on this style camera.  I like the white one second best, but use the black one the most.  I think of it more as a "beater" and end up grabbing it when shooting in adverse conditions, which seems to be most of the time.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads