Helsinki in B&W (X100)

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions
Boreal Forum Member • Posts: 91
Helsinki in B&W (X100)
2

Some recent shots with the X100. All converted to B&W with Silver Efex Pro 2.

The laser beam in the first picture is in celebration of the city's 200th birthday. It is projected from the observatory to a church tower some 2km away.

Hope you enjoy!

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
brudy Senior Member • Posts: 1,510
Re: Helsinki in B&W (X100)

Cool, moody shots. I like the 2nd and 3rd best.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brudy

 brudy's gear list:brudy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha a7R Fujifilm X-T10
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 6,068
Re: Helsinki in B&W (X100)

Nice set. Interesting that the first shot needed exposure comp - 1 2/3 stop

 Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +10 more
OP Boreal Forum Member • Posts: 91
Re: Helsinki in B&W (X100)

Al Valentino wrote:

Nice set. Interesting that the first shot needed exposure comp - 1 2/3 stop

Thanks! IIRC, I shot 3 exposures on a tripod thinking I might combine them for a HDR. Not sure why I ended up using the under-exposed one. I think the -2/3 would've worked just as well...

OP Boreal Forum Member • Posts: 91
Re: Helsinki in B&W (X100)

brudy wrote:

Cool, moody shots. I like the 2nd and 3rd best.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brudy

Thank you!

Midwest Forum Pro • Posts: 17,159
Re: Helsinki in B&W (X100)

I like those very much. And Finland is a great little place. I wish I could send my son to school there.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

rosvo Regular Member • Posts: 224
Re: Helsinki in B&W (X100)

Very nice B&W, kiitos !

I love this city, I have been there many times.

OP Boreal Forum Member • Posts: 91
Re: Helsinki in B&W (X100)

Midwest wrote:

I like those very much. And Finland is a great little place. I wish I could send my son to school there.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

Thanks, Midwest! The Finnish education system has quite the international rep these days.

OP Boreal Forum Member • Posts: 91
Re: Helsinki in B&W (X100)

rosvo wrote:

Very nice B&W, kiitos !

I love this city, I have been there many times.

Ole hyvä, you're most welcome! Thought you might have a Finnish connection with that nick.

rosvo Regular Member • Posts: 224
Re: Helsinki in B&W (X100)

Boreal wrote:

rosvo wrote:

Very nice B&W, kiitos !

I love this city, I have been there many times.

Ole hyvä, you're most welcome! Thought you might have a Finnish connection with that nick.

I love your country (Puhun myös vähän suomea)

...but I am a real "bandit" 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads