Enlarged view during shooting

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Questions
neok Forum Member • Posts: 50
Enlarged view during shooting

Is it possible to use enlarged view during shooting using autofocus or DMF? I know it is possible during MF and DMF after turning the focusingring? I want to check focus in AF or DMF without having to touch the focus-ring.

Koen

-- hide signature --
 neok's gear list:neok's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Apple Aperture +4 more
ANSWER:
Lightshow
Lightshow Veteran Member • Posts: 5,817
Re: Enlarged view during shooting

I don't think so, but I don't have any AF lenses.

Lightshow's gear list:Lightshow's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha a7R Leica Elmarit-M 24mm f/2.8 ASPH Leica APO-Summicron-M 90mm f/2 ASPH Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar +8 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
windowsmaclinux Regular Member • Posts: 249

I don't think so. You can try slightly touching the focus ring and hope that that doesn't change the focus.

wcdennis Regular Member • Posts: 116

It seems like it would make composition rather difficult. You can have focus peaking active with auto focus.

wcdennis's gear list:wcdennis's gear list
Rokinon 16mm F2.0 ED AS UMC CS
OP neok Forum Member • Posts: 50

Thank you all for your answers.

In my case composition is not of great concern, since I photograph small insects and crop my images. Exact sharpness is most important. Indeed I do use focuspeaking, which most of the time works great I'd like to have a closer look at my objects while shooting, but that does not seem to be possible.

Koen

-- hide signature --
 neok's gear list:neok's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Apple Aperture +4 more
Letsgokoulos
Letsgokoulos Senior Member • Posts: 2,153

neok wrote:

Thank you all for your answers.

In my case composition is not of great concern, since I photograph small insects and crop my images. Exact sharpness is most important. Indeed I do use focuspeaking, which most of the time works great I'd like to have a closer look at my objects while shooting, but that does not seem to be possible.

Koen

-- hide signature --

What is the problem with using the focus ring for enlarging in AF/DMF ?

Maybe explaining this particular point will help us finding a solution for you...

Marc

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads