My P7700 is "GOOD"

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions
Steinhansel Regular Member • Posts: 245
My P7700 is "GOOD"
1

I love my P7700, with all its warts.  Sure it is cantankerous at times and sometimes the auto focus doesn't work exact;y the way I expect, but it's a microcosm of life.

The picture doesn't show greatness or anything that any other camera can't do but it is what it is.

Hand-held, ISO 1000, RAW, very little correction/adjusting.



 Steinhansel's gear list:Steinhansel's gear list
Nikon D5100 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
Nikon Coolpix P7700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Shotcents
Shotcents Veteran Member • Posts: 4,472
Re: My P7700 is "GOOD"

Steinhansel wrote:

I love my P7700, with all its warts. Sure it is cantankerous at times and sometimes the auto focus doesn't work exact;y the way I expect, but it's a microcosm of life.

The picture doesn't show greatness or anything that any other camera can't do but it is what it is.

Hand-held, ISO 1000, RAW, very little correction/adjusting.



Ahh ha! A reasonable post for a CHANGE!

Robert

 Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon D5300 Nikon Df +11 more
Nikonworks Senior Member • Posts: 2,202
Re: My P7700 is "GOOD"

That's 'Good' news.

And very, very funny too!

Juggernaut122
Juggernaut122 Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Re: My P7700 is "GOOD"

Steinhansel wrote:

I love my P7700, with all its warts. Sure it is cantankerous at times and sometimes the auto focus doesn't work exact;y the way I expect, but it's a microcosm of life.

The picture doesn't show greatness or anything that any other camera can't do but it is what it is.

Hand-held, ISO 1000, RAW, very little correction/adjusting.



IMHO:

1) Compared to my small sensor P & S, the P7700 is "great!".

2) Compared to my DSLR, the P7700 is an acceptable walkaround camera when I cannot carry the DSLR

3) Compared to cameras in the P7700 class, its image quality is comparable (sometimes better, sometimes worse), and its lens with by and far more reach than any in the class, make it a better camera for my general use.

Sure it is not perfect, neither is my DSLR.  But for its designed purpose, it does a great job, IMHO.

 Juggernaut122's gear list:Juggernaut122's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Canon G7 X II Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +1 more
walkaround Senior Member • Posts: 2,551
Re: My P7700 is "GOOD"
1

Juggernaut122 wrote:

IMHO:

1) Compared to my small sensor P & S, the P7700 is "great!".

2) Compared to my DSLR, the P7700 is an acceptable walkaround camera when I cannot carry the DSLR

3) Compared to cameras in the P7700 class, its image quality is comparable (sometimes better, sometimes worse), and its lens with by and far more reach than any in the class, make it a better camera for my general use.

Sure it is not perfect, neither is my DSLR. But for its designed purpose, it does a great job, IMHO.

+1

Perefectly stated.

ray-ray Regular Member • Posts: 240
Re: My P7700 is "GOOD"
1

Let me add my 2¢
Photography is supposed to be fun and if you're not having fun, you're not doing it right. If you like the P7700 and you're happy with it, then that's all that matters. It's like the story of the photographer at the dinner party where the hostess says "I love your photos, you must have a great camera" and the photographer replies, "I love your food, you must have a great stove".

 ray-ray's gear list:ray-ray's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Nikon D5500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +4 more
davejm53 Junior Member • Posts: 33
Re: My P7700 is "GOOD"
2

ray-ray wrote:

Let me add my 2¢
Photography is supposed to be fun and if you're not having fun, you're not doing it right. If you like the P7700 and you're happy with it, then that's all that matters. It's like the story of the photographer at the dinner party where the hostess says "I love your photos, you must have a great camera" and the photographer replies, "I love your food, you must have a great stove".

You hit it right. I've been told that "your camera takes great shots". I never saw my camera get up and go over to the window, or out the door, to use itself. I tell them that they take the pictures. This camera works fine for me. I wanted something to carry day to day, just in case I saw something. It works to a tee. I read reviews that wished it did this or that. Send it back, try another one, only keep it if you like what is does. It allows me to take wonderful pictures. It is lightweight, I don't have to carry around tons of equipment, and I don't have to insure it. The only thing it can't do is take it's own photos. Leave that to us.

 davejm53's gear list:davejm53's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Canon EOS 50D
walkaround Senior Member • Posts: 2,551
Re: My P7700 is "GOOD"

davejm53 wrote:

I don't have to insure it.

This is important to me too. I'm sure the D800 is an awesome photographic tool, but I can't justify walking the streets with $3500 of consumer electronics strapped to my neck.

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,192
Re: My P7700 is "GOOD"

Nikonworks wrote:

That's 'Good' news.

And very, very funny too!

Actually it is great news.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads