NX300 Official - See the News!

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions
Xue Yu New Member • Posts: 20
Re: NX300 Official - See the News!

wictred wrote:

So basically they did some improvements and fixed things that could have been solved already in the existing NX200 and NX210.

they could have fixed menu access during writing in the NX200 and NX210 and they could have offered a better solution for manual focusing (e.g. moveable zoom area). but they didn't. so if these things bother you then just go ahead and buy the new NX300.

I guess the NX400 will have an EVF then, right?

I am not impressed. Actually I'm glad I have switched systems ... more than ever before.

But maybe they'll get some things right.

Maybe they'll get a proper PDAF system and maybe they'll get rid of the posterisation and the circular banding.

But even then I'm pretty sure they'll screw up somehow.
I'm curious - what will it be this time?

I am curious why dosen't anyone complain about Sony screwing up?

Why cause they like Sony like a blind person, and dont complain if they are lacking but is tossed on a wish list. Same with any other brand, just Samsung seems to be a punching bag because they dont have any rep.

Xue Yu's gear list:Xue Yu's gear list
Samsung NX100 Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED
Timmbits
Timmbits Contributing Member • Posts: 617

After seeing what DPR did with the test shots of the NX210, I wouldn't want to imagine how badly they would human-error-mess-up test shots if they had a 32MP in their hands!

I noticed the discrepancy when viewing comparative test shots on imaging-resource which totally contradict DPR's test presentation here.  On DPR, the NX210 is made to look horribly blurry when compared to mft, while on i-r they look better than mft.

Timmbits's gear list:Timmbits's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 +2 more
Timmbits

jj74e wrote:

(1)

I really hope this "new" sensor actually brings some IQ improvements, and it's not just "new" in that it now has phase detect sensors- speaking of which, I hope the AF is actually improved because of it, unlike Canon with their EOS-M and its slow focusing despite phase detect sensors.

(2)

The main worry I have for the nX300 is if the battery life- which was already fairly short in the NX210- is even shorter now with the higher res, bigger, touch-enabled screen and faster processor. Also, speaking of which, does the faster processor only mean better FPS and focusing, or do we also get better buffer times and smaller RAW files?

(3)

Also, I really don't like tilt screens- for me it's the worst of both worlds: extra thickness without full flexibility of an articulated screen. I was hoping Samsung would be the first to put it on a rangefinder model considering it hasn't yet made an external EVF

(1) Most haven't picked up on this, but DPR seems to have messed up with the test shots with the NX210. They look horrible! Even MFT looks much better. Yet... if we visit another site, imaging-resource, the Samsung pics are better than the Oly-OMD5, the best of the MFT, contrary to what the published results would have us believe here. So don't rely on the test results here alone before you decide how to invest your money.

(2) For the speed, I'm pretty sure that everything is faster, including write times. Just make sure you have a class 10, and not the cheap class 4 or 6 that many are using here.

(3) Seriously, you are worried about 1mm extra thickness? No, you're just kidding right? hahaha you almost had me there!

But the NX20 has the swing out swivel screen that you mention, and the EVF everyone here is bitching about being absent... so why wouldn't the NX30 suit you, when it comes out?

I think Sony has the screen right, on it's A99 - it doesn't swing out, and it's centered position makes for much more intuitive handling/shooting/pointing than when the screen is way off to the side of where the camera is.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 +2 more
Timmbits
Re: NX300 Official - well ....

...anybody want to buy my NX1000?

I've had it for only 2 months!  LOL

NX300 rocks!

Timmbits

Knallberto wrote:

for 3D

Fuji W1, Fuji W3, Lumix3D with Lumix&NEX, Sony TD10 (reeeeaaal 3D movie 2x 1920x1080), Sony Bloggie3D, LG P920, Sharp SH80F, paired IXUS100, Loreo3D for all cameras ... and each one eyed camera (look my photos, 85% of my photos - since 2 years - are 3D)

How many of those cameras that you mentioned, do 3D movies with a large sensor?

Knallberto Veteran Member • Posts: 5,478

What means "large sensor" - important is "what comes out" - for (2D) video you only need 2 Mpixel, for "real" 3D twice is enough. I am very satiesfied with my 3D productions, either 2x 1920x1080 or 1x 1920x1080 side-by-side ... even with 1280x720 .. it must not be AVATAR or LIFE OF PI

Re: NX300 Official - well ....

I've NX1000 for some weeks and I am happy with it (and GC100) ... for € 200 an excellent camera ... now let's wait for NX300

Price of my NX1000/GC100 both are € 599, I bought them for €200/€299 ... price of NX300 sure will be similar, hehe.

Kuturgan
Kuturgan Regular Member • Posts: 495

Knallberto wrote:

Price of my NX1000/GC100 both are € 599, I bought them for €200/€299 ... price of NX300 sure will be similar, hehe.

You are lucky Where did you get them for that price?

-- hide signature --

Don't take a picture, create!

Kuturgan's gear list:Kuturgan's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8
xlotus Regular Member • Posts: 465

At first glance, the NX300 seems to promise what's lacking from the current NX cameras.

• slow processing performance
  • poor DR in low light conditions
  • very small buffer, frame-per-second drops significantly after the first 8 or so shots.

All the articles simply copied what Samsung Marketing said. It remains to be seen if they addressed these issues that bug me with my NX210.

I also noticed that Samsung lenses have problems of their own:

• poor built quality (I have the 18-55 and 55-200), zoom ring feels uneven
  • thin plastic shell that you can squeeze / creak
  • noticably weaker IS performance when compared to my Canon & Nikon DSLRs, even Sony NEX and Pany lenses have better IS than Samsung.

One more feature that I would love to see in NX cameras:

• remote jack for external wired/wireless remote, time-lapse and intervalometer. DSLR cameras from Canon, Nikon, mirrorless from Panasonic and Olympus have it.

Lack of the remote jack limits the photographer creativity.

Personally, I don't care about EVF. It's good to have a built-in one, like my Pany G5, but if it doesn't have it, it's ok. It is not a deal breaker.

Would I buy the NX300? Maybe. If the price goes down to about $500 or below. That means I may have to wait until next holiday shopping season in Nov-Dec 2013.

xlotus's gear list:xlotus's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Pentax Q Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon 1 J1 Canon EOS Rebel T4i +33 more

Austria - NX1000/Bundle minus € 200 cashback (till Dec.31, 2012)

CG100

nx200USER1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,097

Still no details wheather the hardware is upgraded to be compatible with sd cards in the catagory of UHS-1 or sdxc (extreme capacity)

viking79
OP viking79 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,152

nx200USER1 wrote:

Still no details wheather the hardware is upgraded to be compatible with sd cards in the catagory of UHS-1 or sdxc (extreme capacity)

Well, it will certainly operate with those, but hopefully it will be faster with UHS-I cards than without.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony a7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
targut Regular Member • Posts: 456

Knallberto wrote:

price of NX300 sure will be similar

I am not so "optimistic" about price. If a product sells well, the initial price can stay much longer. For example, OM-D still sells at initial pre-order price, 8 month after the first delivery (!). I do not claim that NX300 will be so popular as OM-D, but why everybody beleives that NX300 can not have more success that NX200/210? I do not see any reason to think so. History is not a good reason for such conclusions, at least in this particular case.

targut's gear list:targut's gear list
Samsung NX200 Samsung NX2000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more

Oink. WHY these cards? EACH Class10 is faster than necessary.

But buy what  advertising persuades ...

Let's see ... NX1000/GC100 came out 2012 ... and you got it for less then 50%. I never would buy OM-D, even not for 49%

Cheapest OM-D price is 6.5x price of my NX1000 !!! Hahahaha. Sea robbery.

I bought NX1000 for less than € 200 ... that's 32% from July price ... after 5 months

half year - half price

seph Regular Member • Posts: 182

So, still no optional viewfinder ... could be so useful !

I find my NX1000 replaced my former DSLRs nicely, but sometimes, I feel as "stupid" as a p&S user : point, shoot, and hope, especially on sunny days with reflections on snow and ice.

Such an option could be a nice bridge between DSLR, rangefinder and P&S designs, and I'm not sure it would be a costly design.

I fear of a NX30 with THX sound and 1700$ MSRP So no EVF for me, or I may have to look at another brand.

seph's gear list:seph's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +7 more
jeffsvisions
jeffsvisions Senior Member • Posts: 1,734

Agree thats why I have never upgraded my nx100. I have the evf for it. I would be lost with out the evf. I realy like samsung cameras , but i'm looking at other brands to replace it because of the no evf.

-- hide signature --

The best picture is the one you take.
Jeff

jeffsvisions's gear list:jeffsvisions's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X20 +2 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,192

jeffsvisions wrote:

Agree thats why I have never upgraded my nx100. I have the evf for it. I would be lost with out the evf. I realy like samsung cameras , but i'm looking at other brands to replace it because of the no evf.

Before people answer this and say get the one with a viewfinder note that the NX20 sells currently for £700 in the UK and that is after a £100 cashback. Considering you can get a Sony A37 for £299 after a £50 cashback that is I think a staggeringly high price considering the Sony has dedicated phase detection focusing thrown in and can be used for fast moving targets. The NX1000 goes for £379 and that is pretty high for something without a viewfinder or a viewfinder option that costs £300 extra.

I do get the impression that Samsung seem to be selling a luxury item but with no accessories and rudimentary support which is an odd way of doing business.

"I do not need an EVF" :-)

ohgodohgodohgod ... why all are crying about missing EVF? for my EVF-less (and with EVF) I use in bright sunshine cheap display viewers for some bucks ... you NEVER get a camera with brilliant 9" viewer! Works even on moveable displays (like NEX5 etc.)!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads