Edit S100 RAW under Windows 8?
The software disk that came with my new S100 will not install under Windows 8. Can anyone recommend a freeware or non-freeware program that will edit Canon RAW photos under Windows 8? Thanks!
Have you tried the updated Canon software?
I don't have Win 8 so I cannot confirm that it works, but I think it's worth a try.
I ran into the same problem on Win8 with my S100. Download software from the canon website and save it to disk (don't install yet):
Now modify your windows8 registry so the software will install using the Windows 7 instructions at the link below:
Next install each software application. One that's missing handles the GPS tags, I had to install it from the disk on an xp computer and then copy the files over to the Win8 computer and create a desktop shortcut to the .exe file. It worked fine on Win8.
Thank you for the link. Unfortunately no Windows 8 utility yet although there is a Win 8 Camera Window program. I'll periodically check this link; perhaps Canon will eventually have a Win 8 program.
I ran into the same problem on Win8 with my S100. ....
Thanks for the info, Wayne!
OK, this seems to have worked:
1. Go to the Canon site that Olga showed me and download the updater. There is a Windows 8 option.
2. The updater prompts you to insert the CD Rom disk. (This disk would not install on Windows 8).
3. The updater then insalls and updates "Digital Photo Professional" and it seems to work.
Hope this helps someone.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%