Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens for US $316.

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions
steve_K10D
steve_K10D Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens >no shipping to australia

Paul Panetta wrote:

Hi Steve,

Got a notification that it will be arriving between Feb 5 and Feb 26. I guess if you only pay 20 bucks for shipping they must be sending by canoe to Aus.

They said they won't debit the card until it ships.

Hope the AUD stays strong.

Regards,

Paul P.

Well if its going by canoe and i have ordered i am sure theres room in there for one more and combine shipping, i mean canoeing costs 

steve_K10D
What voltage ? 110 or 240v au charger >

Paul Panetta wrote:

steve_K10D wrote:

Ian J G wrote:

I got international shipping on mine

Ian

maybe to belgium , not to australia , perhaps they figure the au dollar is too high and we will get them too cheap lol

I placed an order yesterday (Jan 7th) and they accepted it for shipping to Australia. It is shown as out of stock though so waiting to see if it actually comes through. Definitely a great price!

Regards,

Paul P

I am hoping if buying from the u.s. that the recharge will be suitable for australian 240v power supply,didnt think of this before ?

NexMan Regular Member • Posts: 205
Re: What voltage ? 110 or 240v au charger >

steve_K10D wrote:

Paul Panetta wrote:

steve_K10D wrote:

Ian J G wrote:

Ian

maybe to belgium , not to australia , perhaps they figure the au dollar is too high and we will get them too cheap lol

I placed an order yesterday (Jan 7th) and they accepted it for shipping to Australia. It is shown as out of stock though so waiting to see if it actually comes through. Definitely a great price!

Regards,

Paul P

I am hoping if buying from the u.s. that the recharge will be suitable for australian 240v power supply,didnt think of this before ?

It will work fine, you just need to buy one of these adapters...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121049580792

anthony mazzeri Senior Member • Posts: 2,024
Re: EArenz...

t.messenger wrote:

I don't believe they could make money with a new run at this price, after amazon gets their cut Pentax would only be making what $225 per kit or less ? This is old stock being sold out when it's gone it's gone IMO.

Someone mentioned the manufacturing date on their recently purchased K-01 was March 2012 or somesuch, so definitely unsold inventory being cleared. That date means unsold stock from just weeks after its release.

I could almost believe they've now been selling more K-01s in the last couple of weeks than for the entire year combined since the launch. 

NexMan wrote:

steve_K10D wrote:

Paul Panetta wrote:

steve_K10D wrote:

Ian J G wrote:

Ian

Regards,

Paul P

Does the K-01 charger not come with a standard power cable like this so you can just swap it for a local version?

steve_K10D

anthony mazzeri wrote:

NexMan wrote:

steve_K10D wrote:

Paul Panetta wrote:

steve_K10D wrote:

Ian J G wrote:

Ian

Regards,

Paul P

Does the K-01 charger not come with a standard power cable like this so you can just swap it for a local version?

thanks for the link, looks like the complete charger kit (car/home) are reasonabally cheap to buy!  so long as the charger itself is compatable with 110>240 volt i guess just the cable could be changed but i havent seen the charger so i dont really know

ilikespam
ilikespam Regular Member • Posts: 468
at amazon warehouse, fyi

Hi

I'm really excited about this camera.  So much that I didn't want to take the risk of having my yellow order cancelled in a few weeks if they can't get more.

I saw that amazon was selling the blaxk w 40mm kit used for $356 so I got it.  As soon as my order went thru, a couple more at higher prices showed up in the used section.

They can be returned u derthe normal 30 day policy if needed.  I have only read good things about the warehouse, like the stuffthey send looksbrand new.  So i decided to risk it.$30 more, but that's a small price to get this fantastic camera before it goes out of stock everywhere, in my opinion.

The prices are getting towards the $400 price, but it may be worth checking that area for a deal to pop up.

ilikespam's gear list:ilikespam's gear list
A3000 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +3 more
ilikespam
ilikespam Regular Member • Posts: 468
Re: at amazon warehouse, fyi

Sorry for the typos.  This site is not friendly to my iPad

ilikespam's gear list:ilikespam's gear list
A3000 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +3 more
steve_K10D
Re: at amazon warehouse, fyi

ilikespam wrote:

Hi

I'm really excited about this camera. So much that I didn't want to take the risk of having my yellow order cancelled in a few weeks if they can't get more.

I saw that amazon was selling the blaxk w 40mm kit used for $356 so I got it. As soon as my order went thru, a couple more at higher prices showed up in the used section.

They can be returned u derthe normal 30 day policy if needed. I have only read good things about the warehouse, like the stuffthey send looksbrand new. So i decided to risk it.$30 more, but that's a small price to get this fantastic camera before it goes out of stock everywhere, in my opinion.

The prices are getting towards the $400 price, but it may be worth checking that area for a deal to pop up.

My only concern is that when the new orders arrive and are ready to be shipped i will get a notifacation that they wont be able to ship to australia so we will wait and see, meanwhile i will keep lookiing for a backup just in case

steve_K10D

Paul Panetta wrote:

Hi Steve,

Got a notification that it will be arriving between Feb 5 and Feb 26. I guess if you only pay 20 bucks for shipping they must be sending by canoe to Aus.

Regards,

Paul P.

Well i pulled the trigger on a black model , teds had them on special body only (299), as i wanted the warranty and au spec charger but if the yellow does actually eventuate? i may still buy it and give the new one i just purchased to my son so we will see. I have a very nice FA 50mm 1.7 and all i can say is the images are SHARP , very happy with this camera and have already upgraded the firmware! Good luck , will see what happens with shipping and Amazon........

steve_K10D wrote:

Well i pulled the trigger on a black model , teds had them on special body only (299), as i wanted the warranty and au spec charger

There's really no such thing as an AU spec charger as it's usually the same 110-240 charger worldwide, where you just swap the cord with your local-plug version. It's the standard 'laptop' cord plug, so you only need one to work with many chargers, so you likely don't een need to buy it if you have another camera/charger already.

The only issue is with the ones that have the plug built into the charger itself, usually hinged for wall socket use, then you would just need an adapter plug instead, but that's not the case with the K-01's D-BC90 charger.

As you've likely found out already with the your new K-01. But if ever in doubt in the future, just download the camera's manual first to check the 'what's in the box' or 'charging the battery' pages to see if it is the cable version.

steve_K10D

anthony mazzeri wrote:

steve_K10D wrote:

Well i pulled the trigger on a black model , teds had them on special body only (299), as i wanted the warranty and au spec charger

There's really no such thing as an AU spec charger as it's usually the same 110-240 charger worldwide, where you just swap the cord with your local-plug version. It's the standard 'laptop' cord plug, so you only need one to work with many chargers, so you likely don't een need to buy it if you have another camera/charger already.

The only issue is with the ones that have the plug built into the charger itself, usually hinged for wall socket use, then you would just need an adapter plug instead, but that's not the case with the K-01's D-BC90 charger.

As you've likely found out already with the your new K-01. But if ever in doubt in the future, just download the camera's manual first to check the 'what's in the box' or 'charging the battery' pages to see if it is the cable version.

thanks for the heads up!

steve_K10D wrote:

Paul Panetta wrote:

Hi Steve,

Regards,

Paul P.

Well i pulled the trigger on a black model , teds had them on special body only (299), as i wanted the warranty and au spec charger but if the yellow does actually eventuate? i may still buy it and give the new one i just purchased to my son so we will see. I have a very nice FA 50mm 1.7 and all i can say is the images are SHARP , very happy with this camera and have already upgraded the firmware! Good luck , will see what happens with shipping and Amazon........

Nice! The images from the K01 are fantastic considering the current price.  You should still keep the yellow one when amazon finally ship it, you get a 2nd body which comes in handy, plus a fantastic pancake lens, and the yellow version looks awesome too!

steve_K10D

NexMan wrote:

steve_K10D wrote:

Paul Panetta wrote:

Hi Steve,

Regards,

Paul P.

Nice! The images from the K01 are fantastic considering the current price. You should still keep the yellow one when amazon finally ship it, you get a 2nd body which comes in handy, plus a fantastic pancake lens, and the yellow version looks awesome too!

Great idea

Paul Panetta Regular Member • Posts: 325

Hi Steve,

I saw the teds offer and at the time thought It was a great price but I didn't really need another camera but the amazon offer which included the 40mm lens for little more was too difficult to resist. I would have preferred the black body though but the yellow should be ok. Owners seem to be reporting sharper images with K-01 over their DSLRs so I'm really looking forward to trying it out. Also I'd like to try the 40mm on the Q. Of course I have to see if it actually turns up first.

Regards,

Paul P

steve_K10D wrote:

Paul Panetta wrote:

Hi Steve,

Regards,

Paul P.

Paul Panetta's gear list:Paul Panetta's gear list
Pentax Optio A20 Ricoh Caplio G3 Ricoh Caplio GX100 Pentax K-x Samsung NX100 +3 more
Tckay Contributing Member • Posts: 569
Re: Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens - shipping internationally

Has anybody actually received theirs yet? i recall that some were due delivery around now. Another question, does anyone know if those shipped overseas are covered under manufacturer warranty? I looked at the Amazon global returns and if the product is faulty it seems the customer is to bear the cost of shipping, import taxes and duties back to Amazon US.

Tckay's gear list:Tckay's gear list
Nikon D800 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +3 more

Tckay wrote:

Has anybody actually received theirs yet? i recall that some were due delivery around now. Another question, does anyone know if those shipped overseas are covered under manufacturer warranty? I looked at the Amazon global returns and if the product is faulty it seems the customer is to bear the cost of shipping, import taxes and duties back to Amazon US.

For manufacturer warranty for overseas buyers, my understanding is Amazon US will cover it for the first 30 days upon receipt of the good (this is their standard policy for all of their products).  If the product becomes defective in the first 30 days, they will cover return shipping etc and will offer a replacement or refund.

However, after 30 days, Amazon US no longer take any responsibility and you'll have to contact Pentax USA directly and I've got no idea whether Pentax USA will even deal with overseas buyers for warranty claims.  So I'm just hoping the camera will last more than 12 months.

OP brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337

NexMan wrote:

Tckay wrote:

For manufacturer warranty for overseas buyers, my understanding is Amazon US will cover it for the first 30 days upon receipt of the good (this is their standard policy for all of their products). If the product becomes defective in the first 30 days, they will cover return shipping etc and will offer a replacement or refund.

However, after 30 days, Amazon US no longer take any responsibility and you'll have to contact Pentax USA directly and I've got no idea whether Pentax USA will even deal with overseas buyers for warranty claims. So I'm just hoping the camera will last more than 12 months.

See Warranty Information and click on International Warranty Card when you get there.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

brandrx wrote:

NexMan wrote:

Tckay wrote:

For manufacturer warranty for overseas buyers, my understanding is Amazon US will cover it for the first 30 days upon receipt of the good (this is their standard policy for all of their products). If the product becomes defective in the first 30 days, they will cover return shipping etc and will offer a replacement or refund.

However, after 30 days, Amazon US no longer take any responsibility and you'll have to contact Pentax USA directly and I've got no idea whether Pentax USA will even deal with overseas buyers for warranty claims. So I'm just hoping the camera will last more than 12 months.

See Warranty Information and click on International Warranty Card when you get there.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

I've read previously that manufacturers don't offer international warranty cards to overseas buyers who buy through online vendors like Amazon, B&H Video and Adorama.  I'm not sure whether this also applies to Pentax though.

OP brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337

NexMan wrote:

brandrx wrote:

NexMan wrote:

Tckay wrote:

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

I've read previously that manufacturers don't offer international warranty cards to overseas buyers who buy through online vendors like Amazon, B&H Video and Adorama. I'm not sure whether this also applies to Pentax though.

You can take what you've read on the internet as gospel and forget the link I posted, or you can follow through with the link and see what comes out of it. Your choice.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads