Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens for US $316.

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions
anthony mazzeri Senior Member • Posts: 2,057
Re: Anthony, try this link instead.

Yes, but when you add it to your cart/order and then click the link description it takes you to the $439 page (which still shows it in stock) rather than back to the $316 page (which is not in stock).

It looks like the $439 one is from Ace Photo while this new $316 deal is direct from Amazon.

OP brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337

anthony mazzeri wrote:

Yes, but when you add it to your cart/order and then click the link description it takes you to the $439 page (which still shows it in stock) rather than back to the $316 page (which is not in stock).

The don't click the link description.

It looks like the $439 one is from Ace Photo while this new $316 deal is direct from Amazon.

All I can say is if you want the item then use the link I gave you and place your order. Your order will cost you $316. I just got an email from Amazon saying that my order will ship around Jan 22.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

OP brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337
Here is a better link to get you there.

Hi Folks,

Here is a better link to get you to the yellow K-01 + DA 40mm deal at Amazon.

Yellow Pentax K-01 with DA 40mm lens

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Way ahead of you Ron - that's how I'm knowing about the link in an order. 

Anyway, more legitimate would be my valuing the lens at the original premium for a kit over the body-alone, ie $149, instead of the separate retail price of $250.

So $316.95 - $149 values a brand new yellow K-01 body at $167.95, nine months after release.

And it's only the yellow model (so far) - so I wonder if they have excess of that one to clear out because it was the poorest seller, or they just made more of them at the outset?

t.messenger Regular Member • Posts: 104

My guess is the yellow one is the slow seller, if I had my choice at this price it would have been black first then white.

anthony mazzeri wrote:

Way ahead of you Ron - that's how I'm knowing about the link in an order.

Anyway, more legitimate would be my valuing the lens at the original premium for a kit over the body-alone, ie $149, instead of the separate retail price of $250.

So $316.95 - $149 values a brand new yellow K-01 body at $167.95, nine months after release.

And it's only the yellow model (so far) - so I wonder if they have excess of that one to clear out because it was the poorest seller, or they just made more of them at the outset?

GPGeneralPhoto
GPGeneralPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 2,131

The yellow K-01 with the 40mm would be a great street camera. Everyone would think you have some Holga or some toy cam, and just ignore you.

-- hide signature --

I'm thankful to still be able to...

GPGeneralPhoto's gear list:GPGeneralPhoto's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD400 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs
stillsnap Junior Member • Posts: 33
Re: Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens for US $316.

Just got an update from Amazon in my mail for the $316 K-01 that I ordered:

"Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Yellow)"
    Estimated arrival date: January 17, 2013 - February 07, 2013

Looks like they will be shipping soon and definitely looking forward to this.

David

Camerabrain
Camerabrain New Member • Posts: 1

Just snagged one for $316 and some change. Thanks!!!!

Camerabrain's gear list:Camerabrain's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H3 +1 more
Darlene Goff Veteran Member • Posts: 3,596

I ordered one at the $316 price with the 40mm lens.  Confirmation said shipping between Jan 22 and Feb 16.   Thanks for the info.  Looking forward to getting it.  I have a K-r and the two kit lenses, the 15mm Ltd, the 18-135mm, the 16-45mm, and the 35mm f2.4, and the 50mm f1.8.

Darlene Goff's gear list:Darlene Goff's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Nikon Coolpix 8800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +7 more
EArenz
EArenz Contributing Member • Posts: 608

Wow, dropped another whole $2 to $314.95...

Ed

EArenz's gear list:EArenz's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens +17 more
jotor
jotor Senior Member • Posts: 1,719

OK, I've held out as long as I could but just placed an order.

Joe

-- hide signature --

'Learn everything, forget everything and play'
Jimi Hendrix

Lee Beasley Senior Member • Posts: 2,468

Ha, ha. Here's hoping we get them. I ordered one two days ago. I thought I had lost my mind, but the price was just irresistible.

Lee Beasley's gear list:Lee Beasley's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Apple iPhone 7 Plus
steve_K10D
steve_K10D Forum Member • Posts: 83

No international shipping

If you all look at the regular Amazon listing for the yellow K-01 + 40mm at $416.95, does it say at the top this is the item you purchased? Maybe that item, bit not that price.

EArenz
Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens for US $314.95

anthony mazzeri wrote:

If you all look at the regular Amazon listing for the yellow K-01 + 40mm at $416.95, does it say at the top this is the item you purchased? Maybe that item, bit not that price.

Different vendor, the $416.95 one is Adorama.  BTW, it's now $399.95 at Adorama's site.  Anyone know if Adorama has anything like a 30 day price guarantee?

Ed

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens +17 more
stillsnap Junior Member • Posts: 33

I placed an order for the Yellow K-01 + 40mm lens for US $316 on Dec 27 and got an email about five days later telling me that the camera would ship between Jan 17th and Feb 7th.  They also said that I would not be charged until the camera ships.  It is an amazing price and I hope we all get our cameras soon.

Ian J G Contributing Member • Posts: 702

I got international shipping on mine

Ian

steve_K10D
steve_K10D Forum Member • Posts: 83

Ian J G wrote:

I got international shipping on mine

Ian

maybe to belgium , not to australia , perhaps they figure the au dollar is too high and we will get them too cheap lol

EArenz

maybe to belgium , not to australia , perhaps they figure the au dollar is too high and we will get them too cheap lol

Bummer, with the 40mm would probably fit just right in a roo pocket...

Ed

Tckay Contributing Member • Posts: 569

just ordered one too! im in the UK and for the first time shipping was agreed. charged an extra $60  import  fees bringing total to $400, which is about £240, still £150 cheaper than Amazon UK. Now to see if it actually ships and when; temporarily out of stock.  Many thanks for the heads up

Tckay's gear list:Tckay's gear list
Nikon D800 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads