Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions
lylejk
lylejk Forum Pro • Posts: 32,241
So long Oscar.
 lylejk's gear list:lylejk's gear list
Leica V-LUX 1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W7
donaldsc Senior Member • Posts: 2,929
Re: So long Oscar.

I enjoyed a lot of his work but what does his death have to do with photography?  If a major photographer died, I could see posting it.  But an actor - why?

-- hide signature --

Don

Michael Edward Rudge Veteran Member • Posts: 7,068
Re: So long Oscar. Great tribute Lyle

As a long standing member of this forum , The short answer is " It is a tribute to the person whatever his/her occupation, " , just as one day soon some  one will post a picture of me as a tribute, and I will look down from the heavens , and smile.

God bless you all, and a very happy new year

Michael North Wale

Michael Edward Rudge's gear list:Michael Edward Rudge's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Canon Pixma MG5350 Samsung Galaxy S4
Babine Veteran Member • Posts: 6,827
Thanks for the memories Lyle. Well done. nt.
MOD Prstl2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,384
Well done Lyle....

I always appreciate the work you put into doing one of these.  Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Warm regards,

Paul

lylejk wrote:

You will be missed Jack.

ref: http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/jack-klugman-6th-annual-tv-land-awards-arrivals-0gPMc6.jpg

-- hide signature --
faith2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,237
Re:Michael............................

Michael Edward Rudge wrote:

As a long standing member of this forum , The short answer is " It is a tribute to the person whatever his/her occupation, " , just as one day soon some one will post a picture of me as a tribute, and I will look down from the heavens , and smile.

God bless you all, and a very happy new year

Michael North Wale

Well said but I hope you are not trying to tell us something re "just as one day soon"!!!

God Bless you also.

-- hide signature --

-Lois-
"God doesn't give us what we can handle; God helps us handle what we are given." -Unknown

Re:Cery nice tribute, Lyle!! re: So long Oscar.

lylejk wrote:

You will be missed Jack.

ref: http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/jack-klugman-6th-annual-tv-land-awards-arrivals-0gPMc6.jpg

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

-Lois-
"God doesn't give us what we can handle; God helps us handle what we are given." -Unknown

iLLuminate Regular Member • Posts: 269

donaldsc wrote:

I enjoyed a lot of his work but what does his death have to do with photography? If a major photographer died, I could see posting it. But an actor - why?

-- hide signature --

Don

Perhaps you haven't visited this section of the DP forum too much. I notice you've been a member since "2006." This section isn't a dedication to famous photographers. Pretty much anything goes here in relation to retouching.

Thanks for posting that, lyle. I wasn't aware of the actor Jack Klugman nor of his death. I looked at his filmography and perhaps I've seen him before. Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Twilight Zone, etc. Never did watch The Odd Couple. I also wasn't born yet at the time it originally aired.

iLLuminate's gear list:iLLuminate's gear list
Canon ELPH 300 HS
lylejk
OP lylejk Forum Pro • Posts: 32,241

It's just a dedication Don.   We all here have a good time concerning all things related to retouching from photo-art, to image enhancement/cleanup, to just pure Photoshop to GIMP (I'm a GIMPer; lol) fun.   Hope to see some of your mind's eye creations here too and there are plenty of good folk here that can give you pointers too.   I used Impressionist and FotoSketcher for the most part in the creation of this tribute by the way.  

-- hide signature --
lylejk
OP lylejk Forum Pro • Posts: 32,241
I appreciate all the comments.

Work's been slowing me down as far as posting here of late.   Sad again to hear that Quincy is no longer with us.   We lost a lot of famous folk in 2012 (famous to me anyway; I guess that's the price paid for reaching the other side of the hill.   lol).

Anyway, I wish you and all here a very merry, safe, and enjoyable Christmas.   For those effected, batton down the hatches too.    

-- hide signature --
Michael Edward Rudge Veteran Member • Posts: 7,068
Re:Michael.............No But at 74 the clock is ticking LOL...............
 Michael Edward Rudge's gear list:Michael Edward Rudge's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Canon Pixma MG5350 Samsung Galaxy S4
Re:Michael..You could live to be 104!nt re:....No But at 74 the clock is ticking LOL...............

Michael Edward Rudge wrote:

-- hide signature --

-Lois-

Afterburner Regular Member • Posts: 147

Thank you Lyle for the tribute(s)

-- hide signature --

C. R.
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't -- you're right"
Henry Ford

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads