New fuji x20 coming soon

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions
Shara90 Regular Member • Posts: 258
New fuji x20 coming soon

at theCES 2013

After the errors of the x10....It is time to improve

Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
nizios Forum Member • Posts: 73
Re: New fuji x20 coming soon

Shara90 wrote:

at theCES 2013

...and make another errors

nizios's gear list:nizios's gear list
Pentax K-500
evoprox
evoprox Senior Member • Posts: 1,469

Shara90 wrote:

at theCES 2013

FujiFilm have scheduled a press conference on January 7. (ces.cnet.com), that's just over two weeks from now. The apocalypse will have to be postponed. Same goes for my intended purchase of an OM-D. Gotta practise some patience these days.

evoprox's gear list:evoprox's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha a7 II
ttan98 Senior Member • Posts: 2,243

Shara90 wrote:

at theCES 2013

The advantages of getting a new model are:

1. no more orbs

2. slightly improved images at low light conditions, e.g. 12Mp not at 6Mp

3. better wide angle 24mm instead of 28mm

4. improved aperture from f2.0 to f1.8

5. much better battery life

6. better video and raw output.

If they can achieve enhancements as stated above I think they have done a  good job, they would be easier for them to sell this camera. The worse part it that it would be selling at premium price close to those from RX100 or XZ2 around $600 retail.

The question is would existing X10 users upgrade or more targeted towards new users like me?

OP Shara90 Regular Member • Posts: 258

ttan98 wrote:

Shara90 wrote:

at theCES 2013

1. no more orbs

if is true, I purchuse x 20

now I undecided for the g15 or xz2.....

but I waiting after 7-1-2013...

liustephen Regular Member • Posts: 305

my biggest grip is no data in the optical viewfinder.

i'm sure hybrid would be too expensive.....

but maybe even a green focus light on the side like in the old days of P&S's??

-- hide signature --

Stephen Liu Photography http://stephenliuphoto.blogspot.com

MarTay6 Regular Member • Posts: 157

Evoprox- you'd have a difficult time beating an OM-D with anything that Fuji is likely to come out with. And I love Fuji's- but my OM-D is absolutely superb. It'd be tough to go wrong with one. I'm still wanting daily to buy an XS-1- and have to convince myself daily that it's not a better camera than the Oly. I simply love the way their bridge cameras feel- and operate.

Wes

Billx08 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,373
New fuji x20 coming . . . in a couple of months.

liustephen wrote:

You're thinking too small if all you want is a green focus light . . . and on the side no less. The information available in DSLR optical viewfinders goes way beyond that. With my old D300, there's not only a green focus indictor inside the viewfinder, it's surrounded by small green LED arrows that indicate the direction that the focus ring needs to be turned to get back in focus, the shutter speed, aperture, ISO, estimate of  the number of shots remaining, the metering mode, the shooting mode, the amount of exposure compensation, the approximate number of frames available for the camera's internal memory buffer when shooting bursts, and of course an indication of the AF sensor(s) that is(are) being used. The only reason why P&S optical viewfinders provide such paltry information is because nobody expects anything better, and manufacturers churn out cameras as cheaply as they're allowed to get away with. Eliminating optical viewfinders altogether is more profitable than improving them, but there's lots of room for easy improvement without have to go hybrid. All it would take is a very small custom LED strip placed inside the OVF along the bottom, and the same LED strip could be shared by any number of different camera models.

VaLeX Senior Member • Posts: 1,070

Better quality at 12 Mpx low light, better sharpness and some info in the OVF and I'm sold to Fuji.I don't want a wider lens, a faster one might be appealing, but those wanting wider lens should go to LX7.

Any "serious" rumors about what the updates might be?

-- hide signature --

Comments, criticism, suggestions: it goes without saying!
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/huzururmuz/

VaLeX's gear list:VaLeX's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
evoprox

MarTay6 wrote:

Evoprox- you'd have a difficult time beating an OM-D with anything that Fuji is likely to come out with. And I love Fuji's- but my OM-D is absolutely superb. It'd be tough to go wrong with one. I'm still wanting daily to buy an XS-1- and have to convince myself daily that it's not a better camera than the Oly. I simply love the way their bridge cameras feel- and operate.

Wes

Thanks Wes, the OM-D is still on top of my list, just below the X11/20. BTW, this afternoon my brother arrived with his brandnew X-E1, a very nice camera indeed, especially that fast 18-55 zoom made me drool. BUT the first thing nasty me did was trying to focus on two chairs below the kitchen table. Nothing. Next try ... again nothing. The AF kept hunting back and forth but wouldn't lock on anything below that table and the light wasn't that bad at all. Vertical lines, horizontal lines, nothing, sheesh. So I took my X10 for comparison's sake and guess what, no problems at all. Fairly quick AF lock on anything I threw at it. Regarding an upgrade I'm waiting for another 2 weeks and see what Fuji will present at their scheduled CES press conference. Oh Gawd, let there be a X11/20 with a one inch 16MP sensor and flip screen and I'd be sold.

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144

ttan98 wrote:

Shara90 wrote:

at theCES 2013

1. no more orbs

The sensor for the newly repleased XF1 shows heavy blooming (not orbs).  Surely this sensor will be in any X20.

2. slightly improved images at low light conditions, e.g. 12Mp not at 6Mp

Would be nice.

4. improved aperture from f2.0 to f1.8

Such a change is trivial.

5. much better battery life

Doubtful.  They will use the same size battery.

Video is always Fuji's weak point and they show no sign of getting any better.  RAW output is likely to stay the same.

If they can achieve enhancements as stated above I think they have done a good job, they would be easier for them to sell this camera. The worse part it that it would be selling at premium price close to those from RX100 or XZ2 around $600 retail.

The question is would existing X10 users upgrade or more targeted towards new users like me?

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse wrote:

The sensor for the newly repleased XF1 shows heavy blooming (not orbs). Surely this sensor will be in any X20.

Video is always Fuji's weak point and they show no sign of getting any better. RAW output is likely to stay the same.

the new sensor have the problem ????? ( blooming??)

same raw...it's very probem, because the raw of the x10 is not work fine in ACR....

evoprox

rattymouse wrote:

ttan98 wrote:

Shara90 wrote:

at theCES 2013

1. no more orbs

The sensor for the newly repleased XF1 shows heavy blooming (not orbs). Surely this sensor will be in any X20.

No larger sensor means I keep my X10 and my money goes to Olympus, they may need it even more than Fuji. Let's wait and see.

André BARELIER
André BARELIER Veteran Member • Posts: 8,711
Re: New fuji x20 coming . . . in a couple of months.

Billx08 wrote:

liustephen wrote:

You're thinking too small if all you want is a green focus light . . . and on the side no less. The information available in DSLR optical viewfinders goes way beyond that. With my old D300, there's not only a green focus indictor inside the viewfinder, it's surrounded by small green LED arrows that indicate the direction that the focus ring needs to be turned to get back in focus, the shutter speed, aperture, ISO, estimate of the number of shots remaining, the metering mode, the shooting mode, the amount of exposure compensation, the approximate number of frames available for the camera's internal memory buffer when shooting bursts, and of course an indication of the AF sensor(s) that is(are) being used. The only reason why P&S optical viewfinders provide such paltry information is because nobody expects anything better, and manufacturers churn out cameras as cheaply as they're allowed to get away with. Eliminating optical viewfinders altogether is more profitable than improving them, but there's lots of room for easy improvement without have to go hybrid. All it would take is a very small custom LED strip placed inside the OVF along the bottom, and the same LED strip could be shared by any number of different camera models.

Couldn't agree more. I'm still waiting for a high end compact, with shooting info displayed in the OVF.

I'm a Nikon P7100 user, but I'm very interested in the Fuji X10 successor. I like the large OVF, and manual zoom. If Fuji could add some info in the VF, then, I'd be sold.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen...

-- hide signature --
 André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon D3300 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more

for me, it's very very important if fuji raw is supported very fine in the ACR adobe

artofsnow New Member • Posts: 21

Shara90 wrote:

at theCES 2013

Has it been comfirmed that the X10 replacement will be announced at CES 2013?

It's almost 100% sure that the X100 will be ... but the X10 is a bit younger and I believe that they might wait another couple of months before replacing the X10.

PGR streetshooter Contributing Member • Posts: 974

Shara90 wrote:

for me, it's very very important if fuji raw is supported very fine in the ACR adobe

Now we're talking about an important upgrade.

PGR streetshooter's gear list:PGR streetshooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X100S Nikon Coolpix A Olympus PEN E-P5

artofsnow wrote:

Shara90 wrote:

at theCES 2013

Has it been comfirmed that the X10 replacement will be announced at CES 2013?

It's almost 100% sure that the X100 will be ... but the X10 is a bit younger and I believe that they might wait another couple of months before replacing the X10.

x10 whit problem sensor...is better forget it

sorry, but i dont undestand sorry

PGR streetshooter Contributing Member • Posts: 974

It's nice to entertain the mind with ideas for upgrading, improving a nice camera. Doesn't it seem like a reasonable idea to fix what's here first? Surely if Fuji gets Raw working in LR and Aperture then introducing a new model will assure better sales.

If they use the EXR sensor again without total Raw support....well it won't be a pretty picture..again!

PGR streetshooter's gear list:PGR streetshooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X100S Nikon Coolpix A Olympus PEN E-P5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads