k01 shot to shot time with mf lens?

Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions
Toccata47 Senior Member • Posts: 2,800
k01 shot to shot time with mf lens?

Have read that when shooting raw the k01 takes a full second before it can shoot again. Not sure if is this is due to hardware or software and would be glad for some insight from someone that has used an old k-mount lens with the k01. If you've used an mf kmount lens, do you indeed suffer a 1 second lag?

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Fogel70
Fogel70 Contributing Member • Posts: 940
Re: k01 shot to shot time with mf lens?

Toccata47 wrote:

Have read that when shooting raw the k01 takes a full second before it can shoot again. Not sure if is this is due to hardware or software and would be glad for some insight from someone that has used an old k-mount lens with the k01. If you've used an mf kmount lens, do you indeed suffer a 1 second lag?

I don't have K-01, but I really doubt that frame rate in raw will change if using AF or MF lens. As you get 5 FPS in jpg and only 1 fps in raw on K-01, it's probably just some strange limitation Pentax put on the camera.

In single shot mode there seems to be 2s delay between shots using RAW.

Fogel70's gear list:Fogel70's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Pentax K-7 Sony Alpha a7 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +14 more
leopold Forum Pro • Posts: 14,083
Use bracketing...

Hi,

yes unfortunately the K-01 is only 1 Fps in RAW and using a MF or AF lens it's the same.

The trick posted by someone here (i don't remember who) is to use bracketing, it will do 3 Fps in RAW. I tried it and it works but you end up with 3 differently exposed shots !

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
OP Toccata47 Senior Member • Posts: 2,800
Re: Use bracketing...

Thanks for chiming in. I wasn't sure if the delay included the time it takes for the lens to af. It seems it doesn't. It's an interesting camera, no doubt. Seems like it's in the same vein as a '60's era slr without a viewfinder.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads