-- hide signature --

It's just photography, lighten up.

NeilJones
OP NeilJones Veteran Member • Posts: 5,455
Re: I won a contest! I WON A CONTEST!!

jjnik wrote:

linda tavares wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

I'm so excited! (I just opened the mail)

I entered this pic in a local photo contest here in town and I won FIRST place! First frickn' place!

Now what to do with the $500 Ritz gift card they gave me!

-- hide signature --

STUNNING!!! As usual.
L.T.

Stunning??? Really??? You must have really low standards - it's not a bad snap, but it's far from "stunning"!

well this snapshot won me the contest and $500! You won anything lately with your photos?

-- hide signature --

erniej Regular Member • Posts: 408
No Model Release, No Worries

Stupidendous

erniej's gear list:erniej's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR
RedFox88 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,245
Re: www.ritzcamera.com

NeilJones wrote:

You tell me?

-- hide signature --

CompUSA.com and CircuitCity.com also exist, but their names were bought by TigerDirect.com.  Neither company exists anymore but those 2 website just shows Tigerdirect stuff.  And those websites say they will redirect to tigerdirect.com at the end of the year.

I would be leary of Ritz Camera.  Click on the "about us" on their website and there's a bunch of other websites.  Seems like they might have been bought and might be part of a conglomarate selling a bunch of stuff now.  They might not have any physical stores anymore, just selling stuff from a warehouse.  Who knows.  But they did just file for bankruptcy protecting yet ​again​ a month or so agoo.

jjnik Senior Member • Posts: 1,319

NeilJones wrote:

jjnik wrote:

linda tavares wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

I entered this pic in a local photo contest here in town and I won FIRST place! First frickn' place!

-- hide signature --

STUNNING!!! As usual.
L.T.

Stunning??? Really??? You must have really low standards - it's not a bad snap, but it's far from "stunning"!

well this snapshot won me the contest and $500! You won anything lately with your photos?

-- hide signature --

Nah - I don't enter contests.  I don't really have the time or even the inclination to do so as I honestly could care less what anyone else thinks of my photos.  I also would never take a photo of a strangers' young child, enter it in a contest and then plaster it on a high traffic internet forum without their consent either - but that's just me, I guess...

Deleted-pending Senior Member • Posts: 2,665

jjnik wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

jjnik wrote:

linda tavares wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

-- hide signature --

STUNNING!!! As usual.
L.T.

-- hide signature --

Nah - I don't enter contests. I don't really have the time or even the inclination to do so as I honestly could care less what anyone else thinks of my photos. I also would never take a photo of a strangers' young child, enter it in a contest and then plaster it on a high traffic internet forum without their consent either - but that's just me, I guess...

Sorry but this is part of photography and I don't understand why humans transformed the fact of taking a person in photo became an "ethical problem". First off, street photography, journalism or non posed portraiture is the only way to catch a true scene and secondly a public place must stay public. Even if the child wasn't smiling or would be dying from hunger, the photographer would have the right to document it. This is what photography is about, telling stories, bad ones and good ones. Moreover, there's no perversion in photographing a child, stating it, is actually creating perversion. Too many rules will kill humanity one day or another.

NeilJones

FTH wrote:

jjnik wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

jjnik wrote:

linda tavares wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

-- hide signature --

STUNNING!!! As usual.
L.T.

-- hide signature --

Nah - I don't enter contests. I don't really have the time or even the inclination to do so as I honestly could care less what anyone else thinks of my photos. I also would never take a photo of a strangers' young child, enter it in a contest and then plaster it on a high traffic internet forum without their consent either - but that's just me, I guess...

Sorry but this is part of photography and I don't why past years humans transformed the fact of taking a person in photo became an "ethical problem". First off, street photography, journalism or non posed portraiture is the only way to catch a true scene and secondly a public place must stay public. Even if the child wasnts smiling, would be dying from hunger, the photographer would have the right to document it. This is what photography is about, telling stories, bad ones and good ones. Moreover, there's no perversion in photographing a child, stating it, is actually creating perversion. Too many rules will kill humanity one day or another.

Someone with a brain on here. How inspiring!

-- hide signature --

G4orce Studios Senior Member • Posts: 1,284
This "award winning" photo was shot on AUTO!

I just looked at the exif data of the photo that won you an award and it was shot on AUTO!!! This photo had NOTHING to do with any SKILL. It was shot on auto! Given your crazy good, National Geographic photo skills, why on earth would you shoot on AUTO!!! Bwahahahahahah! That is the best laugh I have had all day! Thanks, Neil! You are comedy gold!

Given your endless lies and the fact that you are nothing but a windbag who craves attention and shoots on auto, I call BS on the contest story. Prove you won something. There has to be mention of it somewhere? Who gave this award? Company Name? Web address? Telephone number? If you can't provide this information, you will prove that you are a liar.

Your pic is an average auto snapshot. The composition, the one thing you WERE in control of, sucks. An award winning entry? I doubt it. Prove me wrong, Jonsey. I dare you. No excuses. Just information. Put up or shut up.

-- hide signature --
illy586 Forum Member • Posts: 75

I was just ignoring these posts, but jeez, enough e-whoring already, no one cares. The only people even commenting on a positive note are just the ones that feel bad for your obvious self obsession.

And pictures or it didn't happen~

linda tavares Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: This "award winning" photo was shot on AUTO!

G4orce Studios wrote:

I just looked at the exif data of the photo that won you an award and it was shot on AUTO!!! This photo had NOTHING to do with any SKILL. It was shot on auto! Given your crazy good, National Geographic photo skills, why on earth would you shoot on AUTO!!! Bwahahahahahah! That is the best laugh I have had all day! Thanks, Neil! You are comedy gold!

Given your endless lies and the fact that you are nothing but a windbag who craves attention and shoots on auto, I call BS on the contest story. Prove you won something. There has to be mention of it somewhere? Who gave this award? Company Name? Web address? Telephone number? If you can't provide this information, you will prove that you are a liar.

Your pic is an average auto snapshot. The composition, the one thing you WERE in control of, sucks. An award winning entry? I doubt it. Prove me wrong, Jonsey. I dare you. No excuses. Just information. Put up or shut up.

-- hide signature --

What an inspired post. It really furthers the discussion. 
"Kill the pig, kill the pig, kill the pig!!!"

NeilJones
Re: This "award winning" photo was shot on AUTO!

G4orce Studios wrote:

-- hide signature --

Why dont you pm me your phone number and I'll give you a call to answer any concerns you may have.

-- hide signature --

Mato34 Contributing Member • Posts: 920
Hahahaha!! Good one! :) (n/t)
-- hide signature --

Please, excuse my poor english...

Mato34's gear list:Mato34's gear list
Nikon 1 J5
G4orce Studios Senior Member • Posts: 1,284

You can post the into here, Neil.  I don't want a douche like you to have my phone number.  
If not, we will know you are a fraud, along with other things.

-- hide signature --
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 19,000

Got a link to the gallery holding the contest?  I'd love to see the site.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +16 more
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,041

What you gonn'a do Neil?

They're calling you on your B.S. and they think they have you pinned against the ropes.

Just defend yourself and give them what they want.

I mean, you could always make a bet with them.

If you come up with the goods, then they'd have to leave the forum, or at least apologize and back off.

If on the other hand you can't come up with anything and you've been caught in one of your lies again, You could always just apologize and promise to post your photos only in the Photo Forums?

Show'm what you've got hombre!

-- hide signature --

Keep the fun real.

NeilJones
I quite clearly stated this.

Bruce Granofsky wrote:

What you gonn'a do Neil?

They're calling you on your B.S. and they think they have you pinned against the ropes.

Just defend yourself and give them what they want.

I mean, you could always make a bet with them.

If you come up with the goods, then they'd have to leave the forum, or at least apologize and back off.

If on the other hand you can't come up with anything and you've been caught in one of your lies again, You could always just apologize and promise to post your photos only in the Photo Forums?

Show'm what you've got hombre!

-- hide signature --

Keep the fun real.

If you bothered to read the thread. You would see that I quite clearly explained that this was a print contest in my area. Not an online contest.

An 8x10 color printed photo won it for me.

I have nothing to prove to any of you.

Im the winner here.

Now leave me alone already.

The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 19,000
Re: I quite clearly stated this.

I thought so...a local contest with no advertising that offered a $500  prize.  Nice try.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +16 more
NeilJones

Dave Luttmann wrote:

I thought so...a local contest with no advertising that offered a $500 prize. Nice try.

WTF are you talking about? It was open for months, it was advertised, I entered, I won.

Why all this jealousy?

-- hide signature --

(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,041

NeilJones wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

I thought so...a local contest with no advertising that offered a $500 prize. Nice try.

WTF are you talking about? It was open for months, it was advertised, I entered, I won.

Why all this jealousy?

-- hide signature --

Hee hee,  JEALOUSY???

You think THAT much about yourself don't you?

Lighten up little ex-marine, it's only your ego on the line.

Bruce

-- hide signature --

Keep the fun real.

NeilJones

Bruce Granofsky wrote:

NeilJones wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

Why all this jealousy?

-- hide signature --

Hee hee, JEALOUSY???

You think THAT much about yourself don't you?

Lighten up little ex-marine, it's only your ego on the line.

Bruce

-- hide signature --

Keep the fun real.

why do you keep bumping my posts. Someone else that has a secret crush on me maybe?

if you despise me that much?

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads