Circle ring light/lamp with fuse?

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions
vivivi New Member • Posts: 3
Circle ring light/lamp with fuse?

Hi there, I want to buy this lamp/light but not really sure how to call so cant buy it would appreciate your help!

Sailor Blue
Sailor Blue Forum Pro • Posts: 12,725
Re: Circle ring light/lamp with fuse?

It looks like a circular fluorescent lamp.  The electrical connections are out of camera range to the right.  They come in several sizes and should be available in any good lighting store.

What do you want it for?  There just might be options that forum members can suggest.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

 Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +10 more
Quantum Help Senior Member • Posts: 1,666
Yes sir,

Sailor Blue nailed it. Those type of bulbs are used in kitchen fixtures. The par that you do not see to the right has two pins and probably a plug to the ballast for it.   AC powered.

 Quantum Help's gear list:Quantum Help's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D1X Nikon D200 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +5 more
ratzass Regular Member • Posts: 237
Re: Yes sir,

This type of bulb is available at most big box home improvement stores here in the US. They are inexpensive but cumbersome to rig for photography use, IMO. Depending on the effect you desire,there are many more practical solutions.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads