Mack Warranty and PC Nation (How they will treat you in a pinch.)
Sorry for the slow reply, as my computer is boxed and I want nothing to do with it for a couple of weeks!
The upshot on MACK:
You buy this 'non-warranty' that isn't insurance, yet they do insure in a weird way. They will say they 'have to get an insurance carrier to approve repairs' and in the same sentence say it isn't insurance! Must be a liability thing....Bottom line: you break your camera and it gets replaced. Sort of....
In Mack's world: the terms coverage, warranty, insurance, contract, etc. are used interchangibly and there are certain things a customer should be advised of before they buy into this:
1. If your camera is 'toast' they will replace with a 'refurbished model' that only has a 90-day non-transferrable warranty and thus, you don't get an apple for an apple.
2. They drop you as a customer at this point claiming that all obligations have been fulfilled.
3. This devalues your purchase as you lose your $200+ dollar warranty, you lose transferability of camera warranty, you lose nine months (75%) of your new camera coverage.
4. You lose the three years of Mack coverage you paid for.
So, you buy this and in a total loss you get a refurb that has reduced warranty coverage and resale value is lower -- but they do deliver.
It isn't exactly Allstate. But, it is a kind of poor man's insurance. I'll never sell the 800E anyway so I'll live. The new serial number is a mystery and no cover letter or anything. Feels hot, although I'm sure it's not.
So: while I am glad to have a replacement body, I would have preferred to have just gotten my money and bought a new one from Pearl (an option only Mack will exercise, but they do stipulate it as an 'option').
In terms of expediting faster 'in a pinch', not a fair test as they had Sandy hit them.
Go to Allstate.
Hi! My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Experience Supervisor for Mack Worldwide Warranty. I would like to thank those customers who voiced their positive thoughts and their experiences with Mack. We work hard to deliver quality service in the most efficient manner.
Thank you again,
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4