SX50 - Spotted Dove

Started Nov 17, 2012 | Discussions
MarioV Veteran Member • Posts: 6,684
SX50 - Spotted Dove

hand-held

Spotted Dove

Spotted Dove with chest puffed singing

MarioV's gear list:MarioV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G3 X Panasonic ZS100 Nikon D5200 Canon EOS M100 +1 more
LTZ470
LTZ470 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,926
Re: SX50 - Spotted Dove

Really nice colors, bokeh, and good resolve Mario...very well done...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Augustin Man
Augustin Man Veteran Member • Posts: 7,804

The second is a beaut shot, but I like also the first one!

Thank you for sharing!

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
Momotarou Regular Member • Posts: 321

Really enjoy the 2nd shot!

MOD Dale Buhanan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,274

Very nice, Mario.  You got some great shots of the dove.  I have enjoyed your other posts as well.  Thanks.

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale Buhanan's gear list:Dale Buhanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon G1 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot G5 +35 more
OP MarioV Veteran Member • Posts: 6,684

Thanks everyone.  I appreciate each of your comments.

Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G3 X Panasonic ZS100 Nikon D5200 Canon EOS M100 +1 more
RoyAmatore
RoyAmatore Senior Member • Posts: 1,368

What an interesting bird.  Nice shots!

RoyAmatore's gear list:RoyAmatore's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +5 more
VisionLight
VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 4,499

Mario,

Nice handheld captures with that big zoom. Are they optical or digital TC (wish the little EXIF box showed this)? And did you do any post? Doing the mini-reviews, I haven't had much time yet to train my SX50 on birds, but I see it's going to be fun.

Vision

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +5 more

RoyAmatore wrote:

What an interesting bird. Nice shots!

Thanks Roy.

VisionLight wrote:

Mario,

Nice handheld captures with that big zoom. Are they optical or digital TC (wish the little EXIF box showed this)? And did you do any post? Doing the mini-reviews, I haven't had much time yet to train my SX50 on birds, but I see it's going to be fun.

Vision

Thanks Vision.  I think it was 50x optical.  I completely agree that the exif should show the proper focal length when using digital.  Also, I wish there was an option to limit the digital zoom to 100x (yellow zone) only.  After all, thats what Canon was advertising - "100x ZoomPlus", and its very good.  The normal digital blue zone to 200x degrades the image a bit more.

Very minimal PP here.  I like to tinker, but there was not much need to.  A couple points of Levels here, a couple points of contrast.  I use FastStone.  It takes care of 95% of my needs.  No need to sharpen (because I've included that in my custon colour setting).  However, I did do a 50% luminance noise reduction in Neat Image.

I have revised my custom colour setting to reduce saturation to standard. I found that reds notoriously get blown when vivid is used.  My Custom setting is normal for everything, but +2 for sharpening.  Hmm though you can tinker with the RGB..  Maybe it just needs a -1 for Red....
More experimenting/refining required

OpticGlass Regular Member • Posts: 386

All beautiful, Mario! But #1 is impressive! Great colors!

B-rad Veteran Member • Posts: 7,511

Very nice Mario.

-- hide signature --

Brad
Windsor.Ontario.Canada
WSSA member#52
PBase Supporter
www.pbase.com/bradsandy

B-rad's gear list:B-rad's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro
Endeavor21
Endeavor21 Contributing Member • Posts: 728

Sweet!

Endeavor21's gear list:Endeavor21's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR
VisionLight
VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 4,499

MarioV wrote:

VisionLight wrote:

Mario,

Nice handheld captures with that big zoom. Are they optical or digital TC (wish the little EXIF box showed this)? And did you do any post? Doing the mini-reviews, I haven't had much time yet to train my SX50 on birds, but I see it's going to be fun.

Vision

Thanks Vision. I think it was 50x optical. I completely agree that the exif should show the proper focal length when using digital. Also, I wish there was an option to limit the digital zoom to 100x (yellow zone) only. After all, thats what Canon was advertising - "100x ZoomPlus", and its very good. The normal digital blue zone to 200x degrades the image a bit more.

Very minimal PP here. I like to tinker, but there was not much need to. A couple points of Levels here, a couple points of contrast. I use FastStone. It takes care of 95% of my needs. No need to sharpen (because I've included that in my custon colour setting). However, I did do a 50% luminance noise reduction in Neat Image.

I have revised my custom colour setting to reduce saturation to standard. I found that reds notoriously get blown when vivid is used. My Custom setting is normal for everything, but +2 for sharpening. Hmm though you can tinker with the RGB.. Maybe it just needs a -1 for Red....
More experimenting/refining required

Thanks for the rundown , Mario. I can remember always tinkering in the darkroom in the days of film, but doing color was really nuts then. It's so much more fun today. 

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +5 more

Thanks OpticGlass, Brad and Lynn.  Glad you enjoyed.

Cheryl Meisel Veteran Member • Posts: 3,021
Re: SX50 - Isn't he BEAUTIFUL!!! Nice shots n/t
-- hide signature --

Cherylm
“Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."
http://www.pbase.com/cherylm;

Re: SX50 - Isn't he BEAUTIFUL!!! Nice shots n/t

Thanks Cheryl.

I made a mistake.  This is a Laughing Dove, not a Spotted Dove.  A Spotted Dove has white spots on a black patch around the neck.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads