Old Contax G2 Camera Bag-Does Anyone Have One Brown or Black Ideal EM5 Bag

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions
fcheh
fcheh Regular Member • Posts: 243
Old Contax G2 Camera Bag-Does Anyone Have One Brown or Black Ideal EM5 Bag

-- hide signature --

Frank S Cheh

fcheh's gear list:fcheh's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 5,481
Re: Old Contax G2 Camera Bag-Does Anyone Have One Brown or Black Ideal EM5 Bag

The bag in your pics look beautiful!

I've got the Crumpler 5500 Cupcake for the OM-D/9-18/45mm/75mm + batterycharger/batteries/etc. Feels good , and even space left.

Maybe check their website. I pressume you're looking for someting like Zelenpol or Gariz?

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Alpha a7R II Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA +4 more
fcheh
OP fcheh Regular Member • Posts: 243

Thanks for the info the Contax was a brilliant design with easy access to additional lens at the bottom. I waited for ever for someone to come out with a digital back for the G2 but it never happened. The Zeiss Glass was remarkable.

-- hide signature --

Frank S Cheh

Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
peter ny Regular Member • Posts: 212
Well-made
Kuppenbender
Kuppenbender Senior Member • Posts: 2,138

Leather has many attractive qualities, but I can't help thinking that it's not the best material for a camera bag.

While it can be very water resistant, leather can also absorb moisture and be susceptible to mould. It's also relatively heavy.

Kuppenbender's gear list:Kuppenbender's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +3 more
rrr_hhh Veteran Member • Posts: 6,022

Concerning the Contax G2 : I feel your pain, I have been waiting for a Contax G digital back for several years.. I was so happy to get an adapter plus an E-P1 when they appeared in 2009. Yet, it is not the same as using those beautiful lenses on a full frame. Plus out of my 5 Contax G lenses, I can only use two. Still the 45mm is an incredible lens. Only the 75mm is able to deliver the same sharpness.

I do still have the Lowepro bag I was using for the Contax G2, that one. Although mine had three compartments and the exterior didn't have that white band with the logo.

But I've got too many lenses by now and I'm rather using a Crumpler Messenger bag.

By the way, are you using your Zeiss G lenses with mft cameras ?

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha a7R Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha a7R II +5 more
fcheh
OP fcheh Regular Member • Posts: 243

rrr_hhh wrote:

Concerning the Contax G2 : I feel your pain, I have been waiting for a Contax G digital back for several years.. I was so happy to get an adapter plus an E-P1 when they appeared in 2009. Yet, it is not the same as using those beautiful lenses on a full frame. Plus out of my 5 Contax G lenses, I can only use two. Still the 45mm is an incredible lens. Only the 75mm is able to deliver the same sharpness.

I do still have the Lowepro bag I was using for the Contax G2, that one. Although mine had three compartments and the exterior didn't have that white band with the logo.

But I've got too many lenses by now and I'm rather using a Crumpler Messenger bag.

By the way, are you using your Zeiss G lenses with mft cameras ?

I wish,  sold my G1 G2 the works and went with Olympus E1 the size almost killed me. But I think like you the EM5 and the new lens are a match for Contax.--

Frank S Cheh

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads